Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Leaning pole, safety hazard, Comcast will not show up to fix it!!

New Poster

Leaning pole, safety hazard, Comcast will not show up to fix it!!

How do I get Comcast to actually show up and do their job and move their lines to a new pole that has been installed right next to an old leaning pole?? The leaning pole has been deemed a safety hazard and needs to come be removed. I have had 8 appointments so far. Either no one has bothered to show up, or they show up and say they can't handle this simple task. Over the last 9 weeks, I have spoken countless customer service agents, been transferred 3 supervisors, and spent over 12 hours on the phone trying to demand help. Next I will be contacting my county commissioner and state representative unless this is resolved IMMEDIATELY. 

Cable Expert

Re: Leaning pole, safety hazard, Comcast will not show up to fix it!!

Comcast typically will need to coordinate with whoever owns the pole. Cable is supported by a steel strand, it's probably what is holding the pole up. They can't remove the strand w/o the pole owner being on site. This work is done by the construction department, an appointment can't be scheduled. The construction department will fix it on their own schedule. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I already have the pole removal lined up with it's owner, AT&T. They simply cannot do the work until Comcast moves their cable lines to the new pole. Nothing complicated. I have had at least 6 appointments now with the 'Construction Dept' and they simply do not show up. No call, no explantion, no follow up from the company. How this company stays afloat being so poorly run is beyond me. 

I will be contacting my local and state representatives today. 

Admin1

Hi tangles007 -- I can help with that line relocation. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will work directly with our construction department to ensure someone comes out to relocation this line.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation