New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Lack of customer service

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Lack of customer service

Comcast Service

For days now I have been given the run around when trying to get help. I have called, chatted, emailed and went into the store. They even had me email some abuse line which no answered.

I am very upset with the way I have been treated by your company. I have been a loyal customer for around 20 years. In the past there have been issues but they were usually worked through. Just lately has the service seems to be off more than it is on. At times the customer service representative acts like I am bothering them with my problems. I realize that my payments have been late but that is no excuse for poor service. They usually give me a few cents for all the time that it is off which definitely doesn’t cover the inconvenience and the additional data I use on my phone.

I tried to change the plan that I am currently on because I recently retired because jobs are not available in my craft. So now I live on social security which is a big difference in my pay. I tried to go to the service center in Dover, Delaware and they said that you would need to call to change your plan. Trying to navigate your robot seems impossible. So I went online and chatted with an agent who said I could change my plan to one (Thomas: We have a new customer promotion Starter XF Triple Play + speed increase to Blast!® Internet with 4 TVs HD DVR and Modem, the package price is $140.79/mo before taxes). Even though it still seems like a lot I figured it would still save a little money. When I called and finally did get an agent she quickly informed me that I was not eligible for that plan. When I asked why I was told that it was for new customers only. Then I said well I keep getting these deals in the mail that XF Triple play for $109.99 addressed to me. Again I was told, if you read the fine print it is for new customers only. Since I am not a new customer why are they sending this to me?

Just recently, I brought a check to the retail store in Dover, DE because I was making an effort to pay some of the bill. Today, my service was suspended and when I finally was able to reach a human being, I was told my check was returned. I informed her that there was no way the check would have been returned. I was told to contact my bank which I did immediately. The bank told me that the check was never put through. They did a search and nothing was listed by the bank. So I asked for a letter stating that because I was told to bring it to the store in Dover, De to get my check back and to have the fee waived. When I went there I was told they didn’t know what happened because they processed it as an ACH and they shredded the check.

So tonight as I am still upset about all this I looked up the deals for new customers and they have a package like mine for $99.99. Why is it the loyal customers get charged so much more? Why don’t seniors and veterans get a special deal? Since I am both plus a loyal customer for 20 years I should think I deserve it. They said if I don’t pay my bill by April 4ththey will cut the service, I haven’t decided if I want to keep the service after all this. Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Accepted Solution

Re: Lack of customer service

Yes, new customers are offered promotional deals in order to introduce them to the service. Every provider does this, it's standard practice in the industry. There probably are some deals available to you, but they are never going to be as good as new customer deals.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

View answer in context
Cable Expert

Yes, new customers are offered promotional deals in order to introduce them to the service. Every provider does this, it's standard practice in the industry. There probably are some deals available to you, but they are never going to be as good as new customer deals.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you for responding. When can I expect to hear from Comcast?

Official Employee

Hi, ebdew - If you send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number - I will check what promotions are available in your area. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation