Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Internet outages

New Poster

Internet outages

Comcast outages have become more frequent and longer. I work from home and I lost my internet connection today around 2:00 pm CST. When I called 800-934-6489, I was unable to reach a representative and the automated message suggested that it might be back at 6:00 pm. I have lost a whole afternoon of work and my son also needs internet for doing his homework. I'm paying about $300 for internet, TV and home security. A similar outage happened last week on Thursday. This is unacceptable. Anyone from Comcast care to respond?
Official Employee

Re: Internet outages

Hello Hjanarthanan, I do show that we are doing some repairs on your node and we plan to have your services up and running at 100% within the next 24 hours. If you would like to get set up for updates on the work being completed, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number and we can get you set up for a text alert. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I can get this information from the online Xfinity status update. My concern is that it happens very frequently and disrupts my work. I understand that repairs are being done, but I haven't had this problem for the past 12 years that I have been using Xfinity and the past 8 years that I have been working from home full time. This sudden increase in frequency of such outages is leading me to think about the choice of using xfinity.

Official Employee

I am happy to look into this for you, certainly there is no service issue that should last for 8+ years. It sounds like you have a problem with wiring or equipment if the problem is intermittent and has been going on for more than a few days. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation