New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Internet Package - New Customer

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

Hello,

I am a new customer to Xfinity.  Actually just signed up over the weekend.  I used a comparison service online and saw the Internet Blast package that I actually signed up for.  The 3rd party that I used is called InMyarea.com (1-844-522-4791).  I talked with them and was told because in the past I had cable I would only need the self install kit which was great.  I went out and purchased an Arris SB6183.  This was on Saturday that I ordered the service.  I then get an email at 11 PM on Saturday with an order that included a Tech Visit for $59.99 and my monthly $49.99 for the package.  I thought this was a mistake so I called customer service on Sunday.  They told me since I had cable in the past (I have the orange fiber cable from the pole and comes to inside of my home) then I shoud be able to call the Activation Line on Monday morning and get this straightened out.  I called 855-652-3446 which is the number customer service gave me at 9:30 AM EST today.  Soon as I got on the phone with the technician they told me that even though I had cable that it went back a certain amount of time and they had to send someone out.  In the meantime I had connected my cable modem to the line inside the house and had the downstream light blinking.  When I connected to the modem with my laptop it looks to me that it has made some type of connection.  

I have 2 issues just starting out as a new customer.  First is a surprise additional charge for a tech to come to the house when this is not what I was told when I signed up.  The second issue is that I do not think there was any attempt to try to connect my modem even though to me it seems like it is getting a signal.  I connected my laptop to the ethernet port of the modem and got the following status screen which shows Channel 1 locked with a Channel ID and frequency (see attached screen shot).  At this point I am considering just cancelling the entire order.  I do not think this is off to a good start and none of this was relayed to me ahead of time instead of getting an email with a surprise charge on it.  Maybe I am missing something but seems like the few times I called Xfinity there seemed to be a lot of concern for customer service.  I do not see that happening in my case.  Let me know if there is anything you can advise on.  I was really looking for someone to try and bring the modem online as promised without an automatic tech visit with a $60 charge.  I still have a day to consider options and one of them is a total cancellation of the service.

Thank you

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care

Message 2 of 4
Solution

Hello peterd99,

I apologize for the inconvenience, the customer service experience you have described and for the confusion. I would like to start off by saying that having a visible connection does not necessarily mean that you do not need a technician out. If you have older wiring connecting you to the pole, you would still see a connection, but this line would still need to be replaced. We wouldn't want to connect you without giving you the full speed and service you requested. There are a few other items our technicians check for when they install as well, like in-home wiring and more.  Since the installation charge was not properly explained to you at the time of sign-up, I will be crediting it back to you. I will have to do this after your installation, but it will appear on your next 1-2 billing cycles. I will let you know after I have applied the credit. Please feel free to reach back out with any other questions or concerns.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

Thank you.  I really appreciate that and I think its great that you are stepping in to help in this situation.  You are looking at this for the long term and I will be considering Comcast for additional services down the line.

Regards,

Peter

Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care

Message 4 of 4

I have applied the credit, effective today. You will see this credit printed on your next 1-2 billing cycles and online within 1- 2 days. Please let me know in the future if you need any more help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon