Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Installation

Regular Visitor

Installation

Re: recent change of address and installation of equipment at new address.

The technician was punctual and professional and I thought I was satisfied with the service.

However:

1. Without telling me what he was doing, the tech changed out my TV box. Now, the music identification no longer works.

I called customer service and was told that the TV box I was given is an older model than what I originally had.  (Music identification was working fine with my original eqipment).  Why install a TV box model  older than the one I originally had??

I will take the box to my local Comcast store and exchange it for a newer model.  Fairly easy to do, but this should not be necessary for me to do after I paid to have the service done for me.

2.  Because the tech changed out my TV box, I lost all my recordings.  The customer service rep I spoke with told me that the techs have the ability to transfer recordings to a new TV box.  This tech did not communicate this to me.

Official Employee

Re: Installation

Hello ka-lua, I apologize for the misunderstanding and for the tech taking your old equipment without your knowledge. You can go into a local Comcast service center and pick up a cable box that has "music identification" on it or I can send you the equipment via direct mail. Your recordings can be synced with your new DVR as long as you had cloud services active on the account, for further assistance please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and I can look into this for you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Installation

ka-lua wrote: I went to my local Comcast store and exchanged my TV box for a newer one with "music identification".

The recordings that I had made since the tech changed the box did transfer.  However, all my recordings from the original box were lost.

Customer service told me that the box had already been scanned/wiped and there was nothing to be done.

Not a major problem just a frustration.

I appreciate your getting back to me.

You're welcome, I am glad that we were able to get you the right equipment with little confusion the second time around. Have a good day

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation