New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Installation fee without my consent

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

I spoke to a representative today.  I was charged 60 dollars for an installation fee.  I actually self-installed, but the equipment I picked up from the service center was FAULTY.  The box did not work properly despite being installed correctly, giving me poor service.  The box seemed to have power issues and would cut on and off on it's own.  Bottom line: the equipment I was provided was BROKEN due to no fault of my own.  So, comcast offered to come out and fix the issue, since the customer service representative on the phone was not able to fix the problem or offer any other suggestions.  They came out, gave me a different box that worked the way it was supposed to.  But, suprise!  I get a 60 dollar installation fee.  Why do I need to pay a fee when I tried to self install and the equipment I was given didn't work?  THIS IS NOT MY PROBLEM.  Your customer service representative told me the charge was valid and that I should have had the "proper provisions" when picking up my box so it would work correctly the first time.  What?  What does that even mean?  I picked up the box they gave me and it was faulty.  Again, not my problem.  So, your service representative offered me a 20 dollar credit, leaving me with a 40 dollar charge.  This is not even close to being acceptable.  First of all, if anything, I should be compensated for the two weeks my service wasn't working due to faulty equipment.  Why am I compensating comcast instead?  This needs to be rectified.  I'm an easy going customer and I would have been ok with just taking the 60 dollar charge off and not even worrying about the two weeks when I was paying for something I wasn't receiving.  I tried to speak to someone higher up and was told that it didn't matter that the answer would be the same.  I hope someone in charge contacts me to rectify this situation, because this is beyond disappointing: it's outright insulting.  You treat people like this because you have a monopoly on cable in many areas but I will go to another company or go without internet if I have to.  I will not tolerate this.  I will not let this issue go until it is resolved.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care

Message 2 of 4
Solution

Hello evanreinhart,

I apologize about the troubles that you have been having regarding your service. I see that you have already been credited back for the time that your service was out. I have credited back the $60 installation fee as well, due to the faulty equipment. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us on the forums.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the fast response and for making this right.

Highlighted
Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care

Message 4 of 4

You are very welcome.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon