Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Incorrect name on account

New Poster

Incorrect name on account

Hello,

I am writing you about my account.  I moved in August.  After speaking with your sales department I followed their advice and transferred service.  I discussed my situation and advised them that my x-husband has been living in NYC for two years.  I was advised that I should transfer service and then change the name on the account.  This has proven impossible to do. 

I have visited your Sellersville office several times, had him fill out your forms.  I even had to call him from your location to speak with your “Manager” there to identify himself.  She then said he was under contract.  That’s impossible since he doesn’t live here, doesn’t own this home at all.  I purchased it in late July myself. 

I would like to resolve this matter.  I even asked your “Manager” to have your legal department speak to my x-husband attorney to attorney.  No response at all.  I would hate to see take legal action against you.  He and I are on amicable terms but this situation is not acceptable.  

I have attempted to resolve with your "Manager" Shelaya Parham with no success.  

Official Employee

Re: Incorrect name on account

Hi Andrea4damage, 

Sorry for the experience you've been having while trying to have the account changed under your name. Unfortunately, these changes cannot be made over the phone. In a situation like this, it's best to disconnect the current account and restart your own under your name. This is because you both would need to be in the same state when you go to the local service center because both of your identities will need to be physically verified before we are able to transfer ownership of the account. This is required to ensure both parties are aware of the changes that will be made, as well as making sure both parties are aware of who is responsible for what moving forward. If the current account is in a service agreement, there will be valid Early Termination Fees billed since the agreement was not fulfilled. 

If you have any other questions or concerns regarding your account specifically, I'd be happy to address them in a private message. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation