Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

INSTALLATION - NEW CONSTRUCTION

Contributor

INSTALLATION - NEW CONSTRUCTION

We are moving to a New Construction House.(single-story)...

I have a question regarding Comcast's  $89  "Standard Profession Installation"

The home has  a Structured Wiring Panel in an Interior closet.

QUESTIONS:

A] Does the Comcast installer  bring the new-RG6-CABle into this interior-closet?

B] Will the installer do a clean-professional-install, across the attic then down  through the ceiling  into that interior closet with that SWP?

C] or will the Installer bring the new RG6 cable into the house just through an exterior wall near floor-level?

thank ,   this SWP stuff is all new to me,  

Official Employee

Re: INSTALLATION - NEW CONSTRUCTION

If it’s a new build, hopefully there’s already a heat line from the outside to the closet (most times there is). Any of the other questions it’s hard to answer because you would almost have to be onsite to see what the options are.
Contributor

thanks for reply

"already a heat line"

what is that and

where would I expect to find it ?

we will be doing a walk through inspection  17Jan, Wed.

Official Employee

Heat line is a length of coax going from where the utilities are outside to that closet you referred to. Most new builds have something like that or similar, especially if you’ve had the house wired inside.
Contributor

what do you mean by 

"where the utilities are outside "

Official Employee

Your utilities would be where your power/electricity is. If a heat line is present, that’s generally where it would be located close to, so it can be grounded properly. Just ask your builder or whoever did the cabling if it was ran or not.