online now

discussions

I'm leaving comcast

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 4

Dear Comcast,

I will be cancelling my account very soon. May I share the reasons, hoping that someone at corportate headquarters is listening?

1. I'm tired of escalating charges. Don't you have a simple plan, X services for $yy, period? So what if the competition lures people in with promotional rates?

2. Do you really need such a complicated bill? It makes it nearly impossible to see what you're really being charged for. One of my last bills charged a $15 self-installation charge, then 'awarded' me a $15 credit. Really? And I was double charged for equipment the month I had the new modem before I installed it. YOU insisted that I install the new modem, and I got double charged.

3. Several times I've had to call to ask about upward bumps in my bill when no new services had been added or to challenge charges that I didn't understand. Once I cancelled a special rate you made available on some additional channels only to find that you guys figured, well, there's been a change here--let's cancel his promotional rate and charge him MORE now that he's cancelled the special add-on. 

4. Where is your customer commitment? Several days ago when I was talking to Billing about the outrageous rate I am now paying, I asked if the agent would pass along some comments to corporate. She said she was sorry but she had no way to communicate customer ideas and sentiments. Really? Really?

I'm steeling myself for how I'm going to get hit with sneaky charges and penalties when I call to cancel.

Please change your culture. Signed, a former customer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4
Solution

Hello 

My apologies for the delay in response to your post and for the ongoing issues you have had with your Billing. 

Is there anything I can help you with?

You can always contact us at http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form

Thank You!!!

ComcastGeorge

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 4

Sorry to hear about your issues with Comcast. I let a Comcast employee from the corporate office know about your issues and have requested that they reach out to you. If you don't hear from anyone soon, let me know.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 4
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4
Solution

Hello 

My apologies for the delay in response to your post and for the ongoing issues you have had with your Billing. 

Is there anything I can help you with?

You can always contact us at http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form

Thank You!!!

ComcastGeorge

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.