Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do I get Comcast to fix a broken sprinkler pipe?

Regular Visitor

How do I get Comcast to fix a broken sprinkler pipe?

I am writing post as I have been trying to get my sprinkler pipe repaired that was damaged on 10/5/17 when Comcast buried a new line they installed. I have called 15 times in attempt to have the damage rectified. Each time I call I the individual says that they value me as a long time Comcast customer and say they are notifying the escalation team to get it resolved. I have even spoke to 3 different escalation supervisors that have ensured me that they we solve my problem and follow up with me the next day (never happens). The last person even told me that I could go ahead and get it fixed and that Comcast would reimburse me for the cost. When I asked for it in writing I was told that an e-mail would be sent to me within the hour stating that I would be reimbursed. (This also never happened)

At this point I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with all the lip service I have received for a month. How can I get your company to come out and fix the damage that you created? I feel that I been very patient with this matter but with the lack of urgency and poor customer service I making one last attempt to have the damage fixed.

I feel I have had a good relationship with Comcast over the years but this issue have left a bad image of the company.

In case these errors aren’t solved in a timely fashion, I will take the necessary steps to make my property whole.

Escalation ticket# 044120523

Silver Problem Solver

Re: How do I get Comcast to fix a broken sprinkler pipe?

You should hire your sprinkler company to fix the damage. Have them document the damage,and take pictures. Hang onto the invoice and go after Comcast for reimbursement. As you have seen, it will take a lot of effort and time.

Regular Visitor

Yes I know I have that option.  I guess I was thinking that they would want to be profesional and take care of what they damaged.  I know if I damaged their property the expectations would be the same.

Official Employee

Hi JAFoster, I show your ticket has been routed to the correct department. Please allow 3-5 business days for your ticket to be addressed by our corporate department. I set a reminder to reach back out to you to make sure you get this issue taken care of. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Hi JAFoster, I see that your ticket has been assigned to one of our corporate representatives. I am reaching back out to you as promised to make sure you got a call from them explaining next steps if the problem hasn't already been resolved. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

No I did not.  Once again I was promised that someone would get back with me.  I had to go to the store where the manager Harold Willis said he would reach out to the manager in charge of the installs.  I was then contacted by the contractor that perfomed the work the next day.  That was about a week and half ago.  I am still waiting for my credit from Mr. Willis.  At this point I am just a couple days away from pulling the plug on Comcast.

Admin1

JAFoster -- Was the contractor able to get the sprinkler repaired and resolved? I reviewed your account in regards to your adjustment offer however I did not see anything indicating an adjustment was offered. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Yes the issue was resolved and the cable was re-burried.  Harold Willis told me last week that he would be creditiong my account for the month less taxes and fees.  Please let me know if I will be credited or not.  This seems to be a systemic issue with Comcast customer services.  Everyone I have spoken with is very courtious and states that they will get back to me, or the problem will be resloved, but there is never any follow through.  As stated in my original post I have called over 15 times, gone to my local store, and posted.  This has been going on for since October.  Comcast should be embarassed!

Admin1

JAFoster -- I hadn't found anything about an adjustment so I haven't been able to confirm if this was offered yet. I do have a package discount available for your Double Play. Would you accept that in lieu of this adjustment? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

No

Admin1

JAFoster -- Ok. I'll speak with Mr. Willis to confirm this adjustment was offered by him and have it applied if it was. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

When will you do this?  I also want the 2 late charges reversed.  He said would take care of this over a week ago and I have been holding off paying the bill until it posted.

Admin1

JAFoster -- I sent him an email today asking him to confirm. I am waiting to hear back from him at this time. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

To clarify I am not paying anything towards the bill until the month credit is applied and the late charges are reversed.

Regular Visitor

Good luck.  I have sent him 2 e-mails with no response back.  I had to go back down to the store and leave a message to get him to call back.  That is when he promissed to make the adjustment.  More promisses with no follow through.  

Regular Visitor

Did you hear from Mr.Willis?  I left him a message on his voicemail Saturday.

Official Employee

We have not heard back from him yet but have sent a follow up request to him. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation