Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How can I get a call from a supervisor?

New Poster

How can I get a call from a supervisor?

I have been dealing with account and service issues for the past year.  I have tried talking to representatives over the phone and in the store.  It doesn't seem to matter who I talk to, everyone seems to give me incorrect information.  It's gotten so bad that I have started using an app to record all of my phone conversations with Comcast.  I had triple play with home security.  The home security has never worked right because it interferes with an existing security system I have that controls the locks on my doors.  I called not long after it was installed to try and get rid of the security service and was told that was not an option and that there was no way for me to remove home security from my plan until my contract was up (without paying a bunch of fees). I called again a few months later and was told the same thing. 

I have recordings of all of the phone conversations below

The person I spoke with this week says she can see the notes in my file and confirmed that the information those representatives gave me was completely false and that I should have been able to cancel the home security last year.  I asked her if she could get me some sort of copy of my file showing how many times I've called in and all of the incorrect info I had been given.  She told me that my only option was to go into a store and have them print it.  I explained that everytime a phone representative tells me to go into a store I get there and I'm told everything the person on the phone told me was wrong.  She assured me over and over that, I would absolutely be able to get a record of all my issues printed off in the store.   I was then transferred to someone who was supposed to help me convert my triple play to a double play plan.  He was not only rude but knew less about that packages than I did.  I didn't trust the pricing he was promising me over the phone and asked him to email me something so I could see the exact monthly charges.  There were several monthly charges on the bill that were marked as $0 that I know I would be charged for monthly like extra tv boxes, and wireless gateway modem rental.  When I questioned him about how much those things would add to the bill he tried to tell me that "wireless gateway" was included in my package.  I tried to explain to him I was referring to the "wireless gateway modem" section on the bill that usually cost about $11 a month unless you have your own modem.  He literally laughed at me, acted like I was just "not understanding how this all works" and he wasn't sure "how could explain it to me any simpler".  Then proceeded to "try to explain" to me that "wireless gateway" is not a modem its the name of the wireless internet services that are included in my double play plan. 

Today I went into the store to get a print off and turn in the security home base and turn in my modem (i've decided to use my own modem).  I was told that there is no way they can print off a record of my issues and assured me that if I called customer serviced they could get me a copy.......

It's rare that I ever get to talk to anyone who even understands basic tv and internet equipment and how it works.  A few months ago I went in to replace a tv box for my boss.  He has an older setup and they handed me an x1 box.  I explained to them that he did not have x1 and they assured me it would work anyway.  I continued to try and explain to the in-store person that you can't just plug in an x1 tv box in a house that isn't set up for it.  I explained that you have to have a certain type of modem and all your equipment needs to be x1.  He insisted I was wrong.  I bought the box back after proving it wouldn't work that way and swapped out all my boss's equipment for all x1 equipment so it would work.  My boss is on some sort of group rate because of the way it's set up with his condo and somehow the person in the store messed that up and we had to go through a long process of getting the account switched back.  I think we are still being charged for more boxes than what he actually has.

I need to know who I can talk to to get accurate information about my account and services.  I reported some of these issues to the FCC last year and will continue to do so until my issues are resolved.  I've looked into other internet options in my area and unfortunately, I don't think switching providers is going to be an option.  It's ridiculous that as a consumer I'm expected to enter into to these packages/contracts based on the info I'm told over the phone or told by the person in the store when none of that info is NEVER correct.    In additon to all of the customer service issues my internet seems to go out several times a week.  The last person I spoke to confirmed that should could see at least 3 reported outages in my neighborhood in the past week.    

Cable Expert

Re: How can I get a call from a supervisor?

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello alliejones828, 

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the experience you've had while trying to have your billing concerns addressed. Although I am not a supervisor, as the Corporate Digital Care Team, we primarily work through private message on social media to resolve concerns. I'll be happy to find a supervisor who can assist you if that's what you prefer, however, I should be able to get everything resolved through private message. Would that be okay?

I'd be more than happy to review the Double Play offers that are available to you as well as discuss the pricing for the services, fees, and equipment that you will be retaining. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I just clicked the private message me. I would prefer a supervisor since I have been attempting speaking with the customer care team and live chat for months.
Official Employee

@alliejones828

I've received your private message. I'd be happy to submit a request for a supervisor to contact you. I will need additional information that I requested in the private message. Please reply at your convenience and we can go from there. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation