Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Hard credit inquiry after being told it was a soft pull - Options?

Frequent Visitor

Hard credit inquiry after being told it was a soft pull - Options?

I have had service with xfinity/comcast for over 2 years with not 1 late payment (not 1!).  Needed service moved to new location about 2 blocks from a previous address.  Was told on the phone they needed my driv lic # to pull credit (no social security # needed??).  I specifically asked is this a hard pull or soft pull and the rep told me it was a soft pull.  It was a lie.  I had an alert within 24 hours telling me that comcast did a hard pull on my equifax.  I want this removed.  Does anyone know if the calls to comcast are recorded?  I want the call listened to so that I can get the inquiry removed.  This is very annoying.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Hard credit inquiry after being told it was a soft pull - Options?

Does anyone know if comcast will remove this inquiry?  Thanks.

Expert

Thank you for visiting the forums!

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you! Smiley Happy
Official Employee

Hi @Tenuredcustomer

I can't make any promises that this will be removed but will be more than happy to help you. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you.

I have sent you a pm.

I will stay online and await a reply.

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastChe wrote:

Hi @Tenuredcustomer

I can't make any promises that this will be removed but will be more than happy to help you. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.

Hi @ComcastChe

I replied via pm as requested.

Official Employee

Hi @Tenuredcustomer

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was not yet in the office when you replied. I just picked up your message and will be replying shortly with my next steps. 

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastChe wrote:

Hi @Tenuredcustomer

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was not yet in the office when you replied. I just picked up your message and will be replying shortly with my next steps. 

I have pm'd you the screenshots of my USAA credit monitoring and Credit Karma credit monitoring showing a hard credit inquiry from Comcast on my Equifax credit report.  Please remove the inquiry as I was told it was a soft pull only.  I never provided my social security #, only my driv lic #.

I will await your reply.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastChe, are there any updates?
Frequent Visitor

Are there any updates on this? I have sent the requested information via pm as requested and have not heard back from anyone. Thanks.
Official Employee

Hey @Tenuredcustomer

Sorry for my delayed response time. I was out of the office on vacation but have just picked up your private message. I will be replying shortly to inform you of our next steps. 

Frequent Visitor

Replied via pm.
Official Employee

Hi Tenuredcustomer. 

I've replied to your private message.