Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HSD Performance 25

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 1 of 30

I am quite confused. I just got off the phone with one of your reps and I was told that the HSD Performance 25, the package I upgraded to was going to be 100mbs downstream. Others are saying that it's 75 mbs.

Can I get some confirmation of what this package includes?

29 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 30

Hello delgadilloaaron,

Performance 25 includes  25 Mbps download /5 Mbps upload. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 3 of 30

I just got off the phone about an hour ago and they said it was 100 mbs down. Who do I need to call to get this fixed. 

They overtly lied to me.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 30

Hello delgadilloaaron,

I sent you a private message of  a  promotion available for  Performance Pro internet which  includes 100 Mbps download /5 Mbps upload. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster
Message 5 of 30
I have a similar situation. I went in to the store asking for the promotional upgrade to 100Mb/s down speed. I check on my account and it says I have HSD Performance 25. I have 20mb/s down speed at home. Can you help me fix it?
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 6 of 30

Ngaimantam-

I can confirm that you are subscribed to our Performance Pro (100 Mbps/5Mbps in your area) Internet speed tier. Are you using WIFI to connect or are you using an Ethernet cord to connect? If you are using WIFI, the amount of devices connected may be affected the speed.  You can also try restarting your modem. If none of the things resolve your speed issue please let me know so further troubleshooting steps can be done.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 7 of 30

I too just got off the phone changing my package to "150 Blast speeds" to opt out of my 75 MBps speed only to find I'm on HSD Performance 25? ?!  

Is this an error somewhere in your system? Please advise. As I didn't request to have a new service in which I would just get less than I had before. 

W

Also here Xfinity is offering 150 Mbps for 49.99 https://www.inmyarea.com/internet/98103/providers I would really like some basic clear answers. Why does internet hosting have to be so complicated?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 8 of 30

Hello will4net,

You currently have the Blast Pro internet (150 Mbps/10 Mbps). The speed increase on your account provides you the Blast Pro speeds.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 9 of 30

I have the same problem here. I was told that my internet speed is up to 150mbps when I chose this plan, but it shows "HSD Performance 25" in my xfinity account. And what is worse is that the actual downloading speed is no more than 20mbps (wifi), which is very slow!!!

Could someone tell me why this happens, and how to solve it? Thanks!

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor
Message 10 of 30

I am confused because I called in and I got a upgrade to 75mbps, but on my account it says HSD Performance 25. I originally had Performance internet I really want to know how is this possible.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 11 of 30

Same problem, signed up for 75/mbs but I'd be lucky to even get up to 20/mbps. Was blatantly lied to

Posted by
New Poster

Message 12 of 30

Hi Comcast Help,

I am having a similar issue.

I recently downgraded from a Triple Play to a broadband only service. I requested the Performance Pro internet, advertised at 100 mbps downstream.

Right now, my accounts says that I am signed up for Performance 25, which is not at all what I want. I have attached a screenshot of my account screen under "My Services".

I expect to recieve the products I pay for. Please advise.

xfinity-ss.png
Posted by
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Message 13 of 30
I just bought this package and it said said 100mb speed I am getting 25 at home what is wrong
Posted by
New Poster

Message 14 of 30

I am not sure what is going on but the same exact thing happened to me. Please advise! I am feeling so aggrivated. Thinking of completely changing companies. I have been with comcast for years but at this rate I am better off paying less and ending up with the same slow speed. I was told from blast my internet would be even faster and I see they switched it to HSD Performance 25. Slower than it already was.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 15 of 30

Sounds like bait and switch... I had the same thing happen to me. 

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 16 of 30

There doesn't seem to really be a solution here.  Maybe it should be unmarked?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 17 of 30

I have the same issue with displaying the wrong internet plan, however I still get 80-90 mbps download.

I would suggest running a speed test from a computer CONNECTED via ethernet cable (not wifi) or your smart phone (speedtest.net app on android or ios) while connected via 802.11ac NOT 802.11n.  Theoretically "n" should give good speeds, but based on the router settings it may or may not use the full speed of "n".  AC will always be AC speeds so enjoy. 

Laptop connected via ethernet cable directed to the router is the easiest way to find out if your speeds are 100mbps (80mbps to 90mbps real world speeds) or 25mbps (im assuming 20 mbps real world speeds).

Here is a quick read from a google search regarding n speeds...

"802.11n can operate on either the 5 GHz frequency at a theoretical maximum speed of 300 Mbps or on the 2.4 GHz frequency in "mixed mode" which will support systems only capable of using 802.11b or 802.11g, but it will slow the entire network down to the maximum speed of the earliest standard connected."

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 18 of 30

Hello PoBonilla,

I cannot offer any assistance regarding internet issues, but I can advise on your statement with your bill. In some areas, your actual speed increase is listed on your bill under a separate line. This line is usually something similar to "Speed Increase", and then directly underneath it the speed tier you subscribe to, like Blast! Pro, Performance Pro, etc. If you have any other questions, please reach back out.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 19 of 30

same here. just upgrade to 100mbps performance pro last month but the still got 75mbps speed and account still showed download 75mpbs and upload 5mpbs. the representative also talked me into signing a 1-year contract. now when you call them to report a issue, you will be directed to a person selling more "promotions".

Can people from comcast solve my speed issue?

Posted by
Admin1

Message 20 of 30

Hi dahoo -- I reviewed your account to see what happened with your speed. The agent you spoke with on 10/3 offered you a package with that speed increase however that package wasn't applied to your account. I've applied the package they said they were going to apply. Can you see if you're getting the correct speeds now? You may need to reset your modem to re-calibrate this speed difference.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 21 of 30

Same issue. I upgraded to 100mbps in October but my account shows HSD Performance 25.

Comcast team please help to confirm and fix the issue. Thank you.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 22 of 30

Hello DLin,

I have reviewed your account and can confirm that you are subscribed to the Performance Pro Internet Service, with speeds 100 Mbps/5 Mbps. Please keep in mind, any level of Internet Service above the Performance 25 will have the actual speed listed on a separate line. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 23 of 30

Looks like Comcast has simply been lying to people (shocking!). I also signed up for a 100 Mbps and am somehow on this HSD Performance 25, which Comcast rep confirms on this forum is only 25/5. Seems like classic bait and switch. Has anyone gotten this resolved to their satisfaction? I was previously on a Comcast Business plan that was only 27Mbps and specifically switched to the consumer plan due to faster speeds.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 24 of 30

I am having the EXACT same issue. I saved the chat in which I signed up for service for Performant Internet with Blast!, up to 105 mbps, only to just now discover Comast has me signed up for Performance 25.  I am chatting with an agent now and they are trying to upsell me on service. As I have, in writing, agreement on the package and price, how do I get this resolved?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 25 of 30

Hello jschwoerer72,

I apologize for your billing concerns and the delay in response .I see that you were able to speak someone. Were they able to answer all your questions and assist you in all your needs? If you have any other questions or concerns please reply back. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 26 of 30

In January I have called Comcast and asked to cancel all my services except Internet and I upgraded my Internet package to get 200 mbps (Blast!) But, I checked today and it says I have " HSD Performance"

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 27 of 30

Hello MCZ69,

I apologize for your billing concerns. I can confirm that you are packaged into a Blast Internet Only (200Mbps). If you have any other questions or concerns please reply back. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 28 of 30

I took multiple speed test(Using an ethernet cable) and I got around 25-40 mbps download and about 10 upload. Are there any steps to increase my internet speed? 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 29 of 30

Hello 

I recently downgraded from a Triple Play to a broadband only service. I requested the Performance Pro internet, advertised at 100 mbps downstream.

I just received an email which shows that I am signed up for Performance 25, which is not at all what I want. 

This doesn't feel truthful as it's not what I was wanting or was communicated to in having when I spoke on the phone with a representative.

Please advise.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 30 of 30