New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Gigabit Pro Install potentially 25,000 dollars

New Poster

Gigabit Pro Install potentially 25,000 dollars

Hello Everyone:

I was super excited when I saw Gigabit Pro come up for my address. I finally got a call to start the process, which I was eager to get started. The comcast rep told me I can get Gigabit Pro, but I am over the typical distance and would be looking at a potential of 25K cost to run the wire which I will have to pay. The comcast rep is getting a survey done to get more accurate numbers and the 25k is just an estimate.

Has anyone else experienced  install charges this high to get Gigabit Pro?

Cable Expert

Re: Gigabit Pro Install potentially 25,000 dollars

Only the Construction guys can give you a true estimate. I wouldn't put much stock in what the rep told you. I never heard of anyone being charged $25k for an install, even a cable plant extention. Pls keep us posted!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank You for your input. I thought it was very high,this is why I went ahead with the survey to get more accurate numbers, before I just say no.  I have never heard of anyone paying that much, so i figured I would come on here to see what kind of experience everyone else has had.

New Poster

Apparently I am not the only one facing high install cost . Look at this other persons story here > http://stopthecap.com/2015/07/30/comcast-finds-excuses-to-avoid-installing-gigabit-pro-fiber-constru...

Luckily ATT installed fiber on my street and I am just waiting for it to go green.
Official Employee

Hi Smokie896, thank you for reaching out.  Were our technicians able to come out and survey the premises and give you a more accurate cost?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

There's gigabit pro and there's gigabit internet gigabit internet is 1 gig down and 35 up gigabit pro is 1 gig down 1 gig up to get gigabit internet installed is 60 dollars gigabit internet uses all the older cables and gigabit pro uses a whole new foundation I know this because I have gigabit internet and I thought gigabit internet and gigabit pro were the same thing until I talked to someone in the gigabit department
New Poster

Gigabit pro is 2 gigs