Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Getting the right information about moving.

New Poster

Getting the right information about moving.

I moved from Savannah, GA to North Charleston, NC. My girlfriend was on a month to month plan at the new apartment. We went to a local Xfinity store and were told that I couldn't transfer my service because I had moved more than 30 miles from the original service location, but I could cancel my old account and start a new one at a better price.

I called Xfinity customer service the next day to make sure my old service was canceled and was told by a customer service rep that it was not true that my service couldn't be transferred, but that for my convenience I could keep the new, cheaper plan I signed up for the previous night and have the old one canceled without issue. I set up my modem on that call and everything worked well.

The next morning when I woke up I had neither TV nor Internet service. Another call to Xfinity and I was told my new service had been canceled because I hadn't paid for service. At no point in the two previous days had anyone asked me for payment, so I expressed my confusion. After being transferred to 4 different agents and having to repeat my story 4 times, I was told my options were transferring my old service up to South Carolina at a higher price than I had been paying, or keep my new service and incur an early termination fee on the old service. I said I wanted to keep my new service but didn't understand why something couldn't be done about the fee, and was told to hang up and wait for the sales department to call me back, for reasons I still don't understand.
I am sitting around with no Internet or cable and trying to figure out if I should wait for the call, call myself and explain this for the fifth time today to Comcast, or just cancel outright. Advice?
Admin1

Re: Getting the right information about moving.

Hi LutherHS -- I can help clear this up for you. The first agent you spoke was correct about your service transfer. We wouldn't be able to transfer your account from GA to SC due to them being different states. We can only transfer service within state. You would not be liable for ETF on your GA account since you are establishing service at a new location. 

I can help with any service issues you're having at your new address as well. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for that address for authentication purposes. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.