Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Frustrated-PLEASE HELP!

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3
I have been a Comcast internet customer for almost three years.  Recently, we decided to make the switch from Directv to Comcast cable. 

On Thursday 8/31, I called to add the new service.  I was on the phone with Joseph for 47 minutes placing my order.  I informed him that we currently have Directv and that there are not cable outlets in some of the rooms since Directv is wireless.  He told me that I would still be able to install the boxes myself, no problem.  He told me I would have to pick up the boxes at the Comcast store. 

The next day, I went into the Comcast store on my lunch break to pick up my equipment.  The salesman, Chris, pulled up my account and could not find any information on me placing any order the day before.  So I spent the next hour and 15 minutes with him going back through my order.  Again, Chris assured me that I would have no problem installing the new boxes myself.  At the store, Chris told me that I should get a new modem since I'd had mine for so long.  So I did.  Upon leaving the store, I discovered that my internet was not working.  After a two hour chat with customer service once back at work it was discovered that Chris set up the new modem for immediate activation even after I made it clear to him that I wouldn't be activating it right away since I had to go back to work. So far, not happy at all with Comcast. 

Fast forward to this weekend.  I attempted to "self-install" our new cable boxes.  Turns out, I do need to have a technician come out and install outlets in some of our rooms.  So I called on Monday to have someone come out.  After a 40 minute phone call with the support agent, we determined that the appropriate department is closed for the holiday and I will have to call back.  So Tuesday, I called, reached the appropriate department, and now I have to wait until Tuesday, September 12 to have my cable installed.  Please note, this is almost two weeks after I originally placed my order. 

I currently have Directv.  I am so frustrated with my experience so far I'm thinking I will just keep my service with Directv, return all your equipment, and get signed up with Centurylink for internet service.

Please help me as I would love to give Comcast a try.  All the neighbors are pleased with it and so far I am absolutely not pleased whatsoever.  This has been an awful customer service experience.  And right now, I've been paying for cable and can't even use it.
2 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2 of 3

I guess what I'm hoping for by posting on this forum is, is there any way to get a sooner install appointment?  I've been checking the online scheduler and the dates are just getting pushed further and further out.  Can this be escalated to a supervisor or someone to have my cable installed sooner?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Hi, Grayfam1. I can help look into getting an expedited installation appointment for you. Please click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me to send me a message verifying your full name, address, and the phone number associated with your account so I can assist.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon