New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fraudulent Charges on my Bill

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

I typically pay my bill 1-2 weeks before it is due. So this month I get my bill, which normally shows I already have a zero balance, to find a charge of $70.00 which I cannot explain. I call customer service to see what the charge is for and I am told that a technician came to my house and made an installation. I explained that this is far from the truth. What actually happened was that my wife plugged in the box for my upgraded service that I obtained 3 months ago and called the number that the install paper advised. If you think I am going to pay $70.00 for a phone call, you are sadly mistaken. Customer service told me that the best thing they could do was to credit my bill $20. Why should I pay the $50 balance for a Comcast charge that doesn't belong there to begin with? No one ever came to my house to install anything!!! I have a copy of my wife's phone bill showing the date, time, and minutes she made the call to a Comcast phone number on the date of the charges. Bottom line-- This charge is bogus and I refuse to pay it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
New Poster
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 3 of 4
Solution

Dawn,

Thank you for resolving this for me. I was getting nowhere with the customer service rep I spoke to on the phone. I appreciate the fair resolution.

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4

Hello TerryMiller,

I apologize for your billing issue and customer service experience. I have applied a credit to your account for the Change Of Service charge. Please allow 1-2 billing cycles for this credit to appear. If you have any other questions or concerns please reply back. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 4
Solution

Dawn,

Thank you for resolving this for me. I was getting nowhere with the customer service rep I spoke to on the phone. I appreciate the fair resolution.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 4