Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Extremely RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL Customer Service Agent

Highlighted
New Poster

Extremely RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL Customer Service Agent

I moved into my new home and decided that I wanted to switch from AT&T to Comcast Xfinity. My services haven’t even been installed yet, and I’m having second thoughts. On June 12, 2018, I called to begin internet service at my new house starting on June 15. I already have all of my equipment to do so (modem/cords/etc), and I am aware that in order to activate the internet, I should only need to call Xfinity. The representative told me that I would be charged $15 for equipment to be mailed. Which doesn’t make sense because I already have all of the equipment I need, and don’t feel comfortable paying $15 for “an instruction manual and cord” to be sent out. He informed me that he couldn’t complete the order without adding the $15 shipping charge, but that he would transfer me to a local store and I could set up a pick up and have the fee waived. I agreed. After completing the order, he forgot to transfer me and I decided to call my local store the next day.

Yesterday (June 13, 2018), I called my local Xfinity office to explain my situation, have the $15 waived, and pick up the equipment or just use my own. No one answered at the local store and I was transferred to a call center. I began explaining my situation to the customer service agent and asked if I could have the fee waived and not have anything sent to me. While I am explaining the situation, and the reason for my call, he interrupts me. He tells me that I shouldn’t have to pay a $15 fee, I should be able to just call a number to activate it, and he begins to explain the steps to activate the internet. I say, “I understand all of that, but we aren’t there yet. I’m not calling to activate my internet. I’m calling because I have been charged the $15. I want that taken off of my account, and to just use my own equipment to-” He interrupts me again, and begins to explain to me that I should not have to pay $15 because I can activate it on my own. I say to him AGAIN that I know that, the problem is…I have been charged and I want it removed. He rudely says, “How about I just transfer you to someone else since you don’t want to be helped.” Despite his rudeness, I calmly say, “I do want to be helped, I’m telling you what the problem is, the reason for my call, and you keep interrupting and not listening.” He responds by saying, “Well, you are over there hyperventilating and life is too short for that.” I respond, “I am not hyperventilating, and I did not call you for life advice, I called to have this problem resolved.” He starts yelling, “You are hyperventilating! And you are just a whiner! Just a big whiner! There is nothing I can do for you. And I know you just come from a long line of whiners!” The whole time my mouth is hanging wide open, and I can just reply with “Wow, are you serious right now?” He cuts the conversation off by transferring me to someone else.

I have seen news stories and heard many things about how rude and disrespectful Comcast Xfinity customer service agents are, but I never expected I would be the target of their unprofessional and disrespectful behavior BEFORE my service is even installed! As his employer, this quality of service is a direct reflection of you, Comcast Xfinity. I have never been treated this way by any company in my entire life. I am extremely disappointed and angry with the way I was treated and hope no other paying customer has to go through what I did today. One of your Xfinity Customer Commitments is to “make things right when we fall short,” I hope that you all at Comcast Xfinity can rectify this.

Regular Contributor

Re: Extremely RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL Customer Service Agent

This sounds far fetched to say the least.. if it is true, that person won't have a job very long. If that happened to me, I would have somebody pull the call, rather than ask for Comcast to "make it right" Anyway, if you went ahead and self activated, the order would be changed during activation, hence no fee of 15.00 would have been applied. So the rep was correct, maybe he just didn't explain it very well.
Cable Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi @lucypuppers, 

I would like to investigate this for you. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation