Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Existing promotions for current XFINITY customers with expiring promotions

Frequent Visitor

Existing promotions for current XFINITY customers with expiring promotions

I'm hoping somebody with Comcast can help me. I have a promotion which includes HBO that is expiring next month. Ideally I would like to keep this same package that I have, but Comcast customer service won't offer me the same package. I have the double play with 75mb internet and HBO. I tried calling the customer service cancellation department to see if they could offer me another promotion with no luck. I find it hard to believe that Comcast won't budge to keep me as a customer. Just checking options and Directv offers 4 TV's with the whole house DVR for $50 a month for a year. That's quite a savings and yet Comcast just won't budge. 

My currrent setup is:

double play, internet at 75mbs with HBO

4 TV's with XFINITY X1 whole house DVR

total about $150-$160 monthly

is there anybody at XFINITY/Comcast that can help me? I like the X1 and would like to stay, but also like the Directv Genie @ $50 a month.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Existing promotions for current XFINITY customers with expiring promotions

I see a double play promotion for $79.00 a month that I could get and add HBO but it's only available for new customers. This account is in my wife's name, could I get the new promo if I signed up in my name? I don't understand why new customers get the best deals? Why doesn't Comcast want to keep existing customers? When I sign in to my account, this promo doesn't show up. I'm really trying to stay but Comcast makes it hard.

IMG_2770.PNG
Regular Visitor

Had the same experience. I have been  long time ontime paying customer (since 2001) and my 24 month triple play agreement is ending this month and when I called, the rep did not care about keeping the same deal or rates or even offering me the same deal as new customers. Seems to just read from a script and get me off the phone. Why don't they care about existing customers?

Frequent Visitor

Comcast just won't budge. Before I switched to Comcast, I had Directv and they would always do whatever it took to keep you as a customer. Just don't understand why Comcast won't work with you.

New Poster

Same here. I'm seriously considering moving to another service, this is ridiculous. Guess they don't care about loyalty.
Problem Solver

Unfortunately you will find same with other providers as well.  My last provider laughed at me for asking for a discounted price to continue.

Regular Visitor

I am curious if your 24 month Triple play went up at all? Mine just went up $40, was told my 12 month promotion on that deal ended (with 7 months left)?

Frequent Visitor

Mine is going to up $40 in a few weeks. I will call then and demand a new promotion or switch. Directv has a promotion for $50 a month for 4 tvs for a year. If you sign up through Costco which you don't even have to be a member, you just go through the link on Costco's site and you get a $300 costco card ( I know for a fact because I done this when I've switched in the past, and you don't even have to wait 6 months for theb$300 card)

Frequent Visitor

I had Directv before I switched to Comcast and they always discounted the bill to keep me from leaving but I wanted to bundle internet to save a few. Comcast will not budge. Their customer service reps don't seem to be authorized to make deals to retain you.

Frequent Visitor

I've had great success9 with this forum in the past with Comcast issues and have always been helped, but for some reason, customer service seems to not want to get involved or even reply to this topic, which is strange.