Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Early Termination Fee

New Poster

Early Termination Fee

In January 2018 I had an emergency surgery to remove a large cancer laden tumor from my throat.  Following this operation, I was required to relocate to my daughter's house for 24/7 care while undergoing chemo and radiation treatment.  Comcast does not service her area.  Despite explaining my situation with a Comcast representative, they are refusing to waive  the early termination fee, which I find unacceptable since it was due to an unexpected health situation.

Official Employee

Re: Early Termination Fee

@ChemoPatient wrote:

In January 2018 I had an emergency surgery to remove a large cancer laden tumor from my throat.  Following this operation, I was required to relocate to my daughter's house for 24/7 care while undergoing chemo and radiation treatment.  Comcast does not service her area.  Despite explaining my situation with a Comcast representative, they are refusing to waive  the early termination fee, which I find unacceptable since it was due to an unexpected health situation.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. So sorry to hear about your health issues. I reviewed your account and the specific circumstances here and we have waived the ETF. You can expect a refund check in the next 4-6 weeks.

Apologies again and thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation