Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Early Termination Fee

New Poster

Early Termination Fee

In January 2018 I had an emergency surgery to remove a large cancer laden tumor from my throat.  Following this operation, I was required to relocate to my daughter's house for 24/7 care while undergoing chemo and radiation treatment.  Comcast does not service her area.  Despite explaining my situation with a Comcast representative, they are refusing to waive  the early termination fee, which I find unacceptable since it was due to an unexpected health situation.

Official Employee

Re: Early Termination Fee

@ChemoPatient wrote:

In January 2018 I had an emergency surgery to remove a large cancer laden tumor from my throat.  Following this operation, I was required to relocate to my daughter's house for 24/7 care while undergoing chemo and radiation treatment.  Comcast does not service her area.  Despite explaining my situation with a Comcast representative, they are refusing to waive  the early termination fee, which I find unacceptable since it was due to an unexpected health situation.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. So sorry to hear about your health issues. I reviewed your account and the specific circumstances here and we have waived the ETF. You can expect a refund check in the next 4-6 weeks.

Apologies again and thanks for your patience.