Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE

New Poster

DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE

I signed up in September when you guys had a special that if you signed up for Internet and Cable you would send a $200 visa gift card. I called in November and asked why I still had not received my gift card and they said that I had to have my account a full 90 days and the account be in good standing in order to receive it to call back in January if I still had not received the gift card. I called again in February and the service guy gave me a ticket number and said that he would have to "call me back" because he had no idea why I had not received the money for my account because it said that I should have by now.  I called back again today, the guy that I spoke with had no idea why I would have been given a ticket number and stated that I should have been given the rewards department's phone number the first time I called in November.  He then connected me with the rewards department where the woman continued to tell me that the promotion I signed up for was a gift card for Xfinity mobile and because I did not have the mobile part of it I was ineligible to receive the gift card.  I know for a FACT that the only reason I signed up for this account was because the advertisement said when you sign up for cable and internet you would receive a $200 giftcard and I just think it is FUNNY that this is the first time out of every SINGLE time I called that this information was brought to my attention.  I read the fine print and I would not have cancelled my other policy and paid the money to terminate early had I not been able to get my money back for it- via the gift card I was promised 7 months ago.  As soon as I can I will be changing services and I suggest the rest of you do the same. 

THANKS FOR NOTHING COMCAST.

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Official Employee

Re: DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE

Hello LoganTollison12, I apologize for the misunderstanding but one of the requirements to receive the gift card was to apply for the promotion with our retention team and to add Xfinity mobile with a qualifying triple play deal. Below are the requirements to obtain a $200.00 Visa card.

Visa Reward cards are issued after these conditions are met:

• You must sign up for a qualifying bundle
    • The offer cannot be modified in any way
    • You must be a new customer
    • Agree to a 24 month contract
    • Installation must take place within 30 days
    • You must make payments on time for 3 months with no late or slow payments

If you've met the requirements a card should be issued to you within 2 - 6 weeks.

Please note that this is like a pre-paid Debit card and comes with an expiration date, which is printed on the card.

You can check your status here.