Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Customer Service

Regular Visitor

Customer Service

We had signed up for the HD Complete Triple Play package (over the phone with Sherman Batchelor).  We were unsure about switching to Comcast but made the decision to do so because Sherman assured me of two things: First we could have the Advanced DVR with 1.5tb of storage, as described on this Comcast web page, and second, we could keep our old Frontier service while trying out Comcast.  Both proved to be inaccurate.  It's fairly amazing that your own web page would provide such misinformation, and even more amazing that your sales people have so little knowledge about your systems.  (I got four different answers about the storage of the dvr!) 

But the worst thing is that when I called customer service after the installer told me about the inaccuracies, the supervisor I spoke to (Rodney) said that there was nothing you could do, no accommodations that could be made, regardless of what had been promised.  Had we been provided with accurate information, we probably would have decided to switch to Comcast.

Shocking.

Official Employee

Re: Customer Service

Hi erikrose, 

Thanks for reaching out. I'd like to apologize for the experience you've had while trying to start services. As for the DVR this is featured on this website, if you click the link under it, it will provide more details of the DVR which include:

• Watching your recordings from anywhere, even while you're offline. Just download your content to any device and tune in whenever and wherever you want.
  • Recording and watching up to 6 shows at once
  • Never runnning out of space with 500GB of storage
  • Take your entire cloud DVR library with you

Unfortunately we don't have any DVR's that offer 1.5 TB's of storage. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. 

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastChe wrote: ... Unfortunately we don't have any DVR's that offer 1.5 TB's of storage. ...

And yet, on that very same page (https://www.xfinity.com/hd-dvr-responsive), under "An advanced HD DVR that does it all", it says:

... @ Enjoy 1.5 TB of DVR storage space ...

. . . without even the slightest hint that you'd need to rent 3 X1 DVRs to get it. Just a tad misleading, don't you think?

Regular Visitor

This is not a very satisfactory answer.  If Comcast had good customer service, some attempt would be made to fulfill the promise made when I signed up.  

For the record, the Comcast website (this page) talks about an advanced dvr with 1.5 tb of storage.  Also, it is absurd to say that 500 gb, which is the smallest dvr hard drive in the industry, means never running out of space.

Fortunately for Comcast, the only competition in this area is Frontier, which is a lot worse.

Official Employee

I was able to review the website that you provided again, yes it does mention that you could have up to 1.5 TB's of storage, but to make that happen you will need additional equipment as our boxes only provided the storage that is outlined on this website and above. I apologize for the miscommunication. 

Regular Visitor

Not very helpful.  That webpage clearly implies (regardless of what's intended) that Comcast can provide a single dvr with 1.5tb.  Moreover, the representative I talked to confirmed that we could have that dvr.

The continued attempt to justify the Comcast behavior makes it worse.  Why not admit that you blew it, fix the webpage, and make some attempt and living up to the commitment made by the Comcast representative?

Official Employee

The website specifically provides storage amounts for each DVR which is what I also specified above. Again, I apologize for the information that was communicated. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to make any changes to that website. What I will do however is provide your feedback to my leaders and show them the discrepancies you've brought to my attention and ask how we can get the information updated.