Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Customer Service LIED to me about installation charge!

New Poster

Customer Service LIED to me about installation charge!

I have been with Comcast for 3 years, and just moved to a rental apartment building. When transferring service, I was firmly told I would not be charged the installation charge of $60 (but had to agree to it just to get the appointment scheduled) and it would be waived off my bill. However, it was charged to my bill... I have had issues with Comcast before...but being directly lied to about a charge is absolutely ridiculous. 

Is there anything I can do. When calling the customer service, they really don't care that I was blatently lied to about this...

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Customer Service LIED to me about installation charge!

The rep likely had issues with the system, and had to do your order that way. Hopefully they put notes on it for you, if not, they can always pull the call. People always assume the worst case scenario.. If their system made them submit the order with an install, and the rep tried to manipulate it so you were not charged, it sounds like they attempted to do you a favor. Instead, you call them a liar. Look at it from both views. I used to be a CSR for SBC long ago, and people just never appreciate the things reps try to do for them.
New Poster

Hi there, 

I was on the phone with comcast for 1-2 hours trying to deal with this issue, but kept getting the ring around. They said nothing was documented and would not help me at all. I usually record my calls with Comcast cause of constant issues of deception like this; but unfortunately, did not record this one. 

Appreciate any help here...

New Poster

Also, I mentioned that if you can listen to the call to verify what I said...but they said they cannot do this.

Regular Contributor

Well, any "front line" reps wouldn't have the ability to do so, but they have other higher reps who can get the call pulled. I am a customer, just like you, keep in mind. I don't have the ability to bring this to the attention of a corporate rep, but just be patient, one will get to you. (This forum is primarily peer to peer, but Corp reps do help as they can, but their workload is very high for so few of them to sort through)
New Poster

Ok thanks. 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation