New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Customer Retention?............Not!

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Customer Retention?............Not!

I am a long time Comcast customer (since 1985) and suffered through some years of poor service. When Verizon came in I stayed with Comcast. The last few years have been quite good. I am no longer under contract. Our bill has gone through the roof over the last few years. So, after getting another Fios promo in the mail and my wife saying we can't continue to pay this much I went to my local Xfinity store. I talked to a very nice young man that was not able to reduce my bill very much. I mentioned that a new customer could get the content I sought for about $126 a month (plus taxes), which is much lower than what I now pay. He said that he could not do any better. I asked if the people on the phone could offer better pricing. He told me that they do have a "Retention group" that might be able to help me. Sound like what you've read in other posts here? I did try calling and I was able to get about a $30 reduction that removed all the premium movie channels I don't want. So, based on the reduction in content I would be getting it is not really a savings. I am one of the only Comcast customers left on my street and may have to move over to Fios. I would think they would be a bit more loyal to customers that have been so loyal to them. I thought that they would prefer getting in a reduced amount from me every month compared to zero after I move to Verizon.

Accepted Solution

Re: Customer Retention?............Not!

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

I thought that after 33 years of defending Comcast to friends, neighbors and family I would get a little love from Comcast. I was really hoping that the Comcast ads about their new emphasis on customer service would help my situation but, looks like I was wrong :-(.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

ComcastShane was very helpful. She was able to get me a resonble reduction in my monthly service cost. Not as good as a new customer of course (not the way the industry seems to work) but, better than what I had been paying. Good to see there is some good folks working for this part of Comcast.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Thank you David, if you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist. Have a great night. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation