Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Couldn't get to customer service

New Poster

Couldn't get to customer service

Earlier today, I realized I had lost my internet connection. Thinking it was the modem, I did the usual unplug/plug in again the power cord. I did this twice and then I noticed that the light for "online" wasn't on. So, I called 800.934.9489. I didn't realize I had misdialed and had reached "Home Solutions". After the rep got my details I told her why I was calling. After a brief pause she said "You have reached the Home Solutions Desk. May I intererst you in bladdy-blah service. How many tv sets do you have?" I repeated that I needed help with my modem and wanted to speak to someone who could help me. Each time she repeated she spiel but with a different offer. She did mention once that I neede to speak to my service provider and then I asked her how I reach them. She then repeated her spiel with yet another offer and that's when I hung up. I was livid. Then I noticed out my window that there were two Comcast/Xfinity service vehicles. I went out and spoke to one of the technicians and told him what happened. He said that Comcast wants you to go "online" to try and find a solution to problems. Then I said, "How do I do that when I can't get online?"

First of all. Why didn't that Home Solutions rep just transfer to the correct number?

Secondly. If there is a general internet problem affecting the neighborhood, why can't Comcast send out a text or voicemail message? They know how to contact us.

Official Employee

Re: Couldn't get to customer service

Hi thenightbreak,  thank you for reaching out and apologies for your experiences. I am not familiar with this number nor the Home Solutions department but you should be transferred to the correct department when asked.   Also did the technicians say there was an internet problem affecting your neighborhood?   If you are still experiencing issues  with your services, please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation