Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Constant Internet connection drop every few minutes to every few hours NEED real tech response!

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

Trying to get some actual help from a tech of some kind of intelligence then the robot responses via phone support.  I'd like to avoid having a tech come out to the house as appointment times always end up with me waiting at home during a work day.  I'm very tech savy and have gone through the usual re-setting the modem, etc. with no improvement.  I have the comcast XB3 modem/router and have been using it in bridge mode with my own networking equipment with no problem until recently.  About the past week, extremely poor performance and constant drop outs.  I wanted someone to check my signal and such to see if it's within a normal range or if it would indicate that there is a weak signal.  I've gone as far as putting the router back in normal mode, disconnecting every device and hard wiring directly to one of the routers 4 ports.  When the internet goes down there is no way to see the router.  I cannot ping it at 10.0.0.1 and my computer tells me the network cable is unplugged or hardware is unavailable.  The same thing when connected through my own router.  I can reach my routers web interface but cannot reach the XB3.  It tells me internet is disconnected.  Would this indicate that the modem is going bad.  I would assume if it cannot be pinged and I cannot reach it's web interface this would indicate so.  I am trying to verify this info. in order to possibly just have comcast send me a new modem without needing a tech onsite appointment.  If anyone can answer these questions please help, thank you.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Hey magicucf. I can help with your internet connectivity issue. I can take a look at your signal issues as well. If it is determined the modem is going bad, we can send you a new one at no cost. 

Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon