Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Considering Leaving Comcast - Xfinity

New Poster

Considering Leaving Comcast - Xfinity

I have been a long term customer with Comcast for actually going on near 20 years now.    Recently our home residence Digitar Starter channel package and Blast Internet with Xtreme upgrade package that cost me about 90.00 a month just increased on my March 2018 bill to 139.58.   With today's options this was too much so I went into the local office to see what they could do and they told me they had a promotion of 59.99 that I would still have my Digital Economy Channels but now have Blast internet 100mbps.   Total bill to be 82.63 monthly.    I said thank you and went home to unfortunately find out Sunday night (with my wife now very displeased) that we could not watch Walking Dead or did not have the channels we used to have.    In short we received a decrease in speed for internet and a decrease in channels.   Unhappy with what just occured we began looking into other options.    As an ATT unlimited customer they offered us DIRECT TV for 10.00 a month for 40 channels we actually watch.   They give us a 25.00 discount for being unlimited phone service.    Also I am waiting for my next door neighbor to get me his Century link package as we are thinking of just taking their internet at this time based on the trouble we got in our service not being what we were told.    Currently I am a a bit disgruntled if not angry as I have been looking for the cancellation of account button on my MANAGE PLAN in my account and can't find it.   I also have been looking for a Customer retention number and can't find it.   The Bottom line is I would like to remain a customer but not getting anywhere and thus it truly may be time to finally leave and go elsewhere for another 20 years.  

Expert

Re: Considering Leaving Comcast - Xfinity

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Official Employee

Re: Considering Leaving Comcast - Xfinity

Hello DecadeCustomer, I can assist you with finding some better rates that will fit your needs. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?