online now

discussions

Confused about my account

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3 (97 Views)

Confused about my account

I have noticed this morning a price increase on my residential account 39.99 to 79.99, double the price.. I was told by the first agent that my promo has expired and put me on hold to see if he can do anything, a minute after hold my internet was cut off and welcome to xfinity page showed up on my laptop (new customer signup page). At that time i was using a home voip phone service so logically my call with that agent disconnected. Immiedietly after that I called back and spoke with a different agent who thankfully reconnected back me but to lower speed 10mbps ??? and starting working on pricing he said he will offer blast internet 75mbps and basic tv for 44.99 but said my internet might go down today or I will remain at 10MBPS for 24 hours and I'll have my blast speed return back on tomorrow. on top of it he mentioned that I will get my TV box tomorrow(Who ships on sunday's?) Something here sounds fishy and I wanted to clarifiy if what the agent said is true.. Few hours later now I called back again just to reconfirm I was told my internet is on voluntariy disconnect so he will have to place me on hold to call the activation department... I am lost my internet is working but at 10MBPS not 75MBPS, comcast rep now says my internet shouldnt be working as its on volutary disconnect..

I didnt want disconnection I just wanted to see if my price can be lowered.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: Confused about my account

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply soon.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Administrator

Message 3 of 3 (20 Views)

Re: Confused about my account

Hi FaizanSiddiqui -- I can help clear up these account concerns. I verified the price point the agent offered you was accurate and that you would have Blast speed. Your modem would have needed to reset in order to calibrate from 10 Mbps to 75 Mbps. Your set-top box shows it was delivered yesterday. Can you confirm you're receive accurate Internet speed and your box was delivered?

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon