Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Comcast has FAILED to send me an additional X1 box - 5 times

Regular Visitor

Comcast has FAILED to send me an additional X1 box - 5 times

In the beginning of March, I ordered a self install kit for an additional TV. I'm on the X1 platform. I was sent an old cable box that didn't work with X1. Comcast admitted the mistake and the rep told me they would send me the correct box. 

I have yet to receive the right cable box. And I have since placed 4 more orders for the box. Each time, the rep on the phone or the rep on the chat has promised me that I would receive the box I requested. The latest rep "Sayali" said I would receive the box tomorrow, Friday, April 6th. I have not received the shipping number, and I doubt that I will have a box waiting on my doorstep. 

At this point, I'm fed up with the lack of customer service. I'm willing to pay an extra $10.00 a month for the box. Why can't I give Comcast more business??? So I'm voicing my concerns here. Let's see what good this does me. 

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast has FAILED to send me an additional X1 box - 5 times

I reached out to the Xfinity subreddit and a representative there was able to help me. 

All Replies
Silver Problem Solver

It is not possible to order a specific box.Go to your local Comcast store and pick up the correct one.

Regular Visitor

I should clarify - They sent me the wrong cable box the first time. And they never sent me the self-install kit the 4 other times I requested it. 

I think my best option is to go to the store. But why all the trouble surrounding the self install kit? This will be the third self install kit I've ordered from Xfinity.

Admin1

Hi cbilgrav -- Were you able to obtain the box you need? If not, I am able to send you the correct self install kit. 

Regular Visitor

I reached out to the Xfinity subreddit and a representative there was able to help me.