members

online now

discussions

Comcast Now Has 2 hour Service call window

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 1 of 10 (6,847 Views)

Comcast Now Has 2 hour Service call window

Comcast is advertising that they have overhauled their customer service and are now scheduling service calls in a 2 hour window. I am interested in seeing if this is really happening. Please post here if your are, or are not getting this level of service.

9 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 10 (6,818 Views)

Re: Comcast Now Has 2 hour Service call window

Yes, in Boca Raton, FL. and if the tech arrives late you call comcast and they will credit your bill $20. It's in their Customer Guarantee.

So far, most of the techs have arrived in that 2 hour window and one time that the tech arrived late I called and got the $20 refund.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 10 (6,427 Views)

Comcast does NOT have a 2-hour service window, at least not here in Perry, Florida!  After I had installed a second [replacement] DVR on one of my televisions, the second one wouldn't show any of the channels--even when it was pinged by Comcast.  An appointment was set up for the next day, or so I was told--which would have been 11 September--with a service window from 1:00pm to 5:00pm.  I asked what had happened to the 2-hour window advertised, and got no answer--just a reply that said I could schedule the appointment for a later date.  Since here in this little town near Tallahassee we have no other cable provider (and too many trees for a dish), we are rather at Comcast's mercy.  I took the 4-hour appointment, and on Tuesday, 11 September, started waiting at 1pm.  After some time, I got on the Comcast website (with some difficulty--they'd messed up my login), and found out that my appoint was really for the 12th of September, the NEXT DAY.  I called to gripe, and got a rather vague explanation that maybe it was because the 11th was a "holiday" (!!), and that my appointment had been made for the 12--and that it could be [again] scheduled for a later date.  So I took it, with a complaint, and a promise made to give me a $20 credit on my bill.  It is now nearly 4:30pm on the 12th, and I just received a call from the Comcast dispatcher that the technician (the only one they have available now in Perry!) was "tied up" on a job, and wouldn't be here until BETWEEN 5:00PM AND 7:00PM!  This is now a SIX-HOUR WINDOW!  I am furious.  This farce has gone on for 3 days, and started with a defective DVR (replacement for the one we had which didn't have the right connector for the TV set we are now using--HDMI), which we took back for a second replacement DVR and installed ourselves.  As I said, it didn't get service to us--something was wrong with it, too--and we were told we'd have to get a service technician out to check out the problem. 

I am so angry that I've yelled at a couple of dispatchers, yesterday and today.  It's probably not their fault.  BUT BELIEVE ME, THERE IS NO 2-HOUR WINDOW RIGHT NOW HERE IN SMALL-TOWN FLORIDA!  I'm technically savvy, and I can usually adjust and fix a TV and peripherals setup.  I couldn't fix this one, and am wondering if not only is Comcast not responding as advertised, but also giving out damaged DVRs/cable boxes.  Both of these were very obviously at least 2nd-hand, and the first one we received was actually rather battered. 

Comcast also raised our rates by a third this year, saying that our promotional period was over.  THEN we get this lousy service when they're advertising how wonderful it is!  If I had another possibility, I'd switch right now! 

Posted by
Visitor
Message 4 of 10 (5,340 Views)

Just today 3/10/13 I scheduled a service call, The CSR rep scheduled me for this coming Friday (5Days aways) from 8am - 8pm. a 12 hour window? 

I was watching TV and saw a TV ad that guarantees a 2 hour guarantee. Thats why I am now researching this subject. Im kinda upset, and will call comcast in the morning.

Get Your Act Together Comcast.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 5 of 10 (5,323 Views)

Just called comcast, rescheduled for 8am-10am (Hopefully). 

Lady spoke bad english, had mic too close too mouth when speaking, no one knows about this 2 hour window, but its Comcast/Xfinity Guarantee.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 6 of 10 (5,285 Views)

I added a TV and called and they sent a new box. When I received it I plugged it in and it didn't work so I called and they pinged the box multiple times by multiple people and it wouldn't work. They set up a service call and they said they would be out between 10 and 12. I waited till 1 and called they said they would be there before 2 and finally showed up at 2:45. My next billing cycle I received a bill for 30 dollars for service call and no twenty dollar credit. When I called they said it would take 1 or 2 billing cycles for credit to show up. 3 billing cycles later and no credit. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 7 of 10 (5,181 Views)

I set up an onsite appointment with Comcast and when the technician was a no-show, I called up and Comcast told me the appointment was cancelled -- by whom? They don't know (at least that's what they told me, perhaps they were too embarrassed to tell me the truth.) If that's true, apparently, appointments can be willy-nilly cancelled with any tracking or audit trail.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 8 of 10 (4,505 Views)

So much for the 2 hour service window gaurantee. I was scheduled for an appointment today between 8-10 AM. Got a call from dispatch at 9:50 stating that the technician is tied up at another job an would not arrive until 11:45 or so.  I can't wait as I have other obligations. No mention of any credit to my account. I will probably call and request one.  Not happy.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 9 of 10 (3,663 Views)

tech showed up 1 hr 15 min late, no good reason, no good explanation (just running late), no credit. I was late for work, but I guess that's okay.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 10 of 10 (3,660 Views)

The gave me an 11 hour window the other day and then never showed up.