online now

discussions

Cancelled because of sales calls

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that because of the relentless sales calls from phone number (678) 393-7960, I just cancelled my Xfinity service. And no, I'm not going to click around here and try to figure out how to "opt out". I allow you to take money from my bank account every single month, and I never call and bother you. I don't need you calling me during my work day to try to sell me junk when I'm already your customer....

By the way, I'm not saying I'm going to cancel my service. Nope. I just did. I'm going back to AT&T. Their customer service might be sub-par, but they take my money, give me my service, and leave me alone. 

Good Job Comcast/Xfinity!

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Administrator

Message 2 of 3
Solution

Hi daveccarsley -- Sorry to see you cancel your service due to sales calls. To be clear, when you establish an account you are giving authorization to receive phone calls about special promotions or sales. Choosing to Opt Out is the only way to have these calls stop. 

I do want to let you know that this is not a unique practice to just Comcast. Other service providers, AT&T included, make these same calls. You will would need to go through a similar Opt Out process with AT&T to have those calls stop. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Highlighted
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 3 of 3

daveccarsley wrote:

And no, I'm not going to click around here and try to figure out how to "opt out".

All you had to do was ask. Would have been a lot easier than writing this post and changing providers. 

You can opt out of Comcast solicitations here: https://pc2.mypreferences.com/Comcast/OptOut/Default.aspx

See how easy that was? 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon