Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cable line storm damage specific to our house

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Cable line storm damage specific to our house

I am trying to get a message through about the recent storm damage in our area. The Comcast folks I have spoken to are giving me information as if this is an issue with the main service line, and it might be, but we also have the line to our house down. It got stretched too low by snow and was hanging over street. A truck went by and snagged it. It snapped in half and the wires attached to our house were ripped out. We need an individual fix.

They gave me an appointment next week for a technician but took great pains to explain techs cannot work on outside issues -- and all the issues are outside as far as I can tell, so until that sorted what can he or she do?

I thought the first guy I spoke to had understood, and thought I had an actual appointment for the outside crew today, but no one came.

Storm damage is understandable, and getting to indiviual houses will take time, I am just trying to get on the correct appointment list to fix wires specific to my house's Xfinity service. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get past the automated stuff to get a real person?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Cable line storm damage specific to our house

A very nice dispatcher and two excellent tech guys later -- and we are up and running.

View answer in context
Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you! Not trying to get to front of line or anything, just trying to get a straight answer -- and make the right type of appointment.

Official Employee

MelWH, no worries. We'll get someone out to take a look at the cable line outside your home. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number so I can help. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

@jriggs wrote:
I too am having the same issue with my main line being damaged and getting that communicated to customer service. The repair of my line will require a police Detail. From watching them install the line initially it took a crew of four. I cannot get a straight answer as to when I will get service re-established.

@ComcastKenF may check back in on this shortly.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I’ve also been try to get a straight answer 4 four days. Everyday I am given a guarantee, promise that it will be fixed that day. Downed line is right in front of my garage. Hazardous to say the least
Frequent Visitor

Wanted to update you, becaue you were nice enough to try to help (I also updated on some else's thread who is having the same problem, so apologies for repeats).

Yesterday was told outdoor crew would be here between 8am and 8pm -- no one showed or called.

Today it was meant to be between 7am and 10pm -- no one has shown up or called.

Because it is an outdoor call it does not officially show as an appointment because I do not need to be here. I would like to be around though, because part of the work involves repairing/replacing cable wires that were ripped off side of house when main wire was snapped. They will need to be in my neighbor's driveway to access it.

I do still have an appointment for tomorrow between 4 and 6pm -- but that was supposed to be a check up with tech to be sure inside devices are ok once outside was fixed. That appointment has also caused confusion with service agents, they are not recognizing it as a follow up to the outside fix.

At a loss as to what to do now. Keep calling?

I have never has an issue like this before with any service, and I have had no real complaints about Comcast. In fact, they been pretty good to deal with (and really great one time). But this way of dealing with storm damage by ignoring me (and others that have posted similar stories, is kind of bizarre).

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

A very nice dispatcher and two excellent tech guys later -- and we are up and running.

Official Employee

MelWH, 

Sorry for the delay. I was out of office but I'm glad to hear you're back up and running. Let me know if you need anything else. 

811758---I've seen your public post and will respond on that thread. 

Cheers, 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation