Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Billing issue

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 9
Can you tell me if my account issue is about to
Be resolved? A rep from this toll free# 877-606-6700 / called and said she would get it adjusted off and turned in an ER1 . I moved and transferred my service but the home office girls turned in a disconnection and new service instead. The old account that should have just been transferred to my new house had $600 in disconnection charges and not turning in the equipment. I brought the equipment to my new house.. And now the old account is in collections. This was not my fault and you can see by comparing both accounts that i have made a payment every month. Thank you
8 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 2 of 9

I have the same problem. Almost 6 months.. no answar. First of all why  i should return the modem when I transfer the service, Bocoz when i was moving customer care lady told me to take the "modem to new apartment and just fix it". Okay then i returned the modem and got new one from near by comcast centre. Those guys mapped that modem to old account as well new account. And comcast guys said put $130 for unreturned equipment. Now I returned modem and got my own. Still they are in no mood to close my old account. I have some credit on that account too.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 3 of 9
I was up until 4 AM this morning chatting with an online rep who continue to just ask so DSU is the old account correct? And I would say yes it has a $600 balance when it should be zero and then he would reply so the issue is the old account correct and we did that for about 30 minutes before I just said Forget it I'll go to one of the customer service centers and take a half a day off work to do so because y'all aren't any help whatsoever
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 9

they < Xfinitey-Comcast >are also messing   my account   up  over  chargin  fees  and billing issues   when i paid them  over and over and  sent them documents  to show.. no one   listens or fixes  anything . I am  getting tired of being used ..

BAPOLEN
Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 9

they did the same too me  and I   got so mad   i had to tell rep  enough  is enough already  you have not  listended  to a word i said and  I  finally hung  up on  them  to get  my blood pressure  down ,   it  was  awefull, i have  health issues and this   sure  did not help I am still shaking...

BAPOLEN
Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 9

I just received a call from this number indicating I had a remaining balance and asked for sensitive info to tell me I had a bill.  Which is stupid and or potentially dangerous.  Still a bit suspicious that this is a scam.  But I initially set up this service years ago going month to month.  I brought my device in due to connectivity issues I was having.  Took a bunch of pictures of me turning in the device and everything just to be sure.  The guy at the front lowered my monthly amount.  I confirmed with him, "this isn't a contract or anything binding is it?"  he said no.  Then as I am cancelling service I am told I am at the begining of a 2 year contract I didn't agree to in writing, voice, or online affirmation.  Not sure how you can setup a contract with absolutely no agreement.   Then I speak to another agent after I cancel at their main hotline and a gal named Angel answers.  She indicates that she shows no remaining amount and no contract.  I ask if she can send me confirmation she says she cannot.  I ask for an ID number or direct line she says she doesn't have either.  She does say she will make notes on the account.  Fast forward to today and sure enough this person calls me has no notes and no way to look into this so she sends me a generic agreement email with no personal indication that I ever sent a contract and transfers me to an endlesss hold line.  Up until cancellation I can say I didn't have any issues with Comcast.  But as soon as I want to leave suddenly I get treated to the customer service and company policies that won them the worst company in America.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 9

BenjaminNCO, I can help look into this. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 9
This number is a SCAM. DO NOT PAY THEM. I recently moved and started getting calls from them saying I have an outstanding balance (I don't). Someone has access to a list of customers information who have recently moved and is using it to scam them out of money. Comcast needs to look into how they are getting this information! Do a quick Google search for 877-606-6700 and you will see.
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 9 of 9

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it contains private information.