Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
You can contribute an answer or post a question.
Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Billing discount for veterans?

It has recently come to my attention that several communication providers offer a discount on their phone bill for veterans.  Does Comcast/Xfinity offer any discount for phone and Internet service?  If so, how does one take advantange of this offer.

Phil Waters

Posted by
Security Expert

Re: Billing discount for veterans?

phwaters01 wrote:

It has recently come to my attention that several communication providers offer a discount on their phone bill for veterans.  Does Comcast/Xfinity offer any discount for phone and Internet service?  If so, how does one take advantange of this offer.

Phil Waters

Hi Phil,

First, if you are a vet, thanks for your service.  As a Comcast customer for longer than I can remember (I go back as far as when it was @ Home (circa 2002) in this area, I have never known, nor heard of a discount for Veterans.  So if there is a discount and you find out about - let me know.  Smiley Wink

I know there are lots of discounts out there floating around for Vets (and I do take advantage of them having dedicated 23 1/2 years to the USAF), but I do not beleive Comcast offers any, nor do they offer any I am aware of for our seniors who are on limited income.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Posted by
Visitor

I think it is so unamerican that xfinity/comcast cannot offer a discount to veterans or senior citizens, yet, if you own a home and are getting a break on your tax bill in Manchester,nh. Comcast will give you a discount also. Veterans fight for the United States of America and all foreign countries yet they are not good enough to get a discount? shame on you XFINITY /COMCAST! you are no better than the greedy businesses in the news. I cannot believe that you don't honor veterans and senior citizens! Without them you would never be! shame on you! Shame on you!
Posted by
Cable Expert

[ Edited ]

phwaters01 wrote:

Does Comcast/Xfinity offer any discount for phone and Internet service?

No, they don't offer any discounts.

Posted by
Visitor

comcast even charges the military personal living in barracks, each room gets billed individually. this company is the worst I have ever dealt with - I can't wait to cancel every service I have with them.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Judygndr1954 wrote:
I think it is so unamerican that xfinity/comcast cannot offer a discount to veterans or senior citizens, yet, if you own a home and are getting a break on your tax bill in Manchester,nh. Comcast will give you a discount also. Veterans fight for the United States of America and all foreign countries yet they are not good enough to get a discount? shame on you XFINITY /COMCAST! you are no better than the greedy businesses in the news. I cannot believe that you don't honor veterans and senior citizens! Without them you would never be! shame on you! Shame on you!

Hate to tell you Judy but many businesses don't offer veterans/senior discounts. Shame on them too? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments