Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Being charged for a non-working service.

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Being charged for a non-working service.

I have had two technicians who have come to work on attempting to fix my upstream power levels and the last visit has lead them to believe the issue lies with the underground cables. As the TAP lies across the street, no temporary line had been put into place and therefore I have been without internet for approximately 9 days of the month of July thus far. The estimated date of a fix being into place looks to be on September 20th, two months from now. Furthermore, phone calls to previous representatives gave false promises for callbacks never came.
The representative claimed that I would also be compensated for the days of non working service but seeing as how not only two months would have to be compensated, but the fact that my bill doesn't seem to have any change to reflect this has left me frustrated.

I have been stuck using the xfinity hotspots around my home that dont even offer a tenth of the speed I am paying for and offer constant drops of speed or occassionally disconnecting. Therefore, I am paying for a package that doesn't have the other half of it's service working. The only silver lining in this situation would be that since the second visit didn't solve the problem I was credited for 20 dollars off this month, but I am still paying 50 dollars for basic cable at this point.

Is there anything I can do to speed up this process. Honestly, all I want is to have working home internet.
Accepted Solution

Re: Being charged for a non-working service.

Hi, Incentive - My apologies for your experience, I can check if we can request a sooner appointment. Could you please send me a private message with your name, full address, and a phone number associated with your account? 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Being charged for a non-working service.

Hi, Incentive - My apologies for your experience, I can check if we can request a sooner appointment. Could you please send me a private message with your name, full address, and a phone number associated with your account? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation