Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 51 of 56
Posted by
Authorized Vendor

Message 52 of 56

Sgt_Engee wrote:

IMPORTANT EDIT! :

The Arris rep also told me that if I was to factory reset the modem, the McAfee security software would turn itself back on. So if you need to factory reset your modem, be prepared to make another call to Arris.

So this is correct, this was my mis-understanding of "subsequent firmware upgrades” vers “factory reset” but users will get to the page that they can either accept the terms or opt-out of it..  They will not have to call into ARRIS support at this point.. 

Bottom line:

• Device upgrade:  user will not need to do anything..
  • Device factory reset:  user can either accept the terms or opt-out of it via a landing page..
-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 53 of 56

Can someone direct me on how to get this firmware upgrade push to my SB7580-AC? I called Arris Customer support says only cable provider and Comcast tech support says they upgraded all software but when i check firmware version it is not beed updated.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 54 of 56

As "The IT Crowd" would ask, " Have you unplugged it and plugged it back in yet?"  Sorry, saw the chance to say it and could not resist.  ;-)

Posted by
Authorized Vendor

Message 55 of 56

rreamon wrote:

Can someone direct me on how to get this firmware upgrade push to my SB7580-AC? I called Arris Customer support says only cable provider and Comcast tech support says they upgraded all software but when i check firmware version it is not beed updated.

What code do you have on your device?  The bootfile has a upgrade statement on most devices so rebooting would get the device to the latest build that Comcast has approved..

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
Posted by
New Poster

Message 56 of 56

Is there any update expected or to be roll out soon Form comcast to disable this ?