members

online now

discussions

Another Fine Customer Experience (NOT)

SOLVED
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 5

I have been having trouble with my cable box and been calling Comcast about it for 2 months.  Finally they sent out a new box about a week ago.

So today 4/19/17 at 1:28 I opened a Live Chat and asked " I was given a new box and now when changing channels it pauses for a couple seconds to set the resolution.  I remember years ago having the same issue and a techie told me a couple simple steps to set it at 1080 but I do not remember how to do it.  can you help?" 

The chat analyst did their thing asked me to perform tasks all of which did not work.  He told me he needed to send a tech out to the house.  I said at no cost right.  His reply was "no at $40".  I told him "that's not acceptable it's your equipment that is malfunctioning FOR 2+ MONTHS NOW" and get me your supervisor. 

The supervisor gets on and says let me read what's been happening to this point.  Then proceeds to repeat everything the first analyst did with the same lack of results.  She told me she needed to send a tech out to the house.  I said at no cost right.  Her reply was "no at $60".  I informed her (a) the first price was $40 and (b) I'M NOT PAYING EXTRA FOR THEIR FAILURE.

I said "OK this is going nowhere so I am ending this chat. I have copied a record of this chat and will send it when I escalate. I suggest you escalate this to someone with authority and have them call me at (my #)"

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 5

Please post the model number of the box, then we can tell you how to set the resolution.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 5

It's a Cisco RNG150 and the TV is a Sony Bravia KDL-40V2500

Barbie123, are you a comcast employee?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 4 of 5
Solution

I am a customer.

Turn OFF the cablebox and press menu on the Comcast remote to access the box settings.

Use the remote that came with the TV to access the TV settings.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 5