Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Annoying Phone Calls from 872-205-0698

New Poster

Annoying Phone Calls from 872-205-0698

I'm getting daily calls from 872-205-0698 with a caller id of "Comcast." Are these really coming from Comcast? I've seen posts where people say these are junk calls, and I've also seen posts indicating these calls are really coming from Comcast. If they really are from Comcast, please let me know what is needed to get added to the "Comcast do not call" list.

Service Expert

Re: Annoying Phone Calls from 872-205-0698

These are really from Comcast.  If you have Xfinity Home, you might want to listen to and respond to the call.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi @alweston. I can assist in reviewing your account notes in search of why we are reaching out to you. If you'd like further assistance, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I received a call from 872-205-0698 and it said Comcast on my caller ID. As soon as I answered it, they hung up. I hit redial and a lady answered with "Hello" instead of "Comcast" and I stated that I had missed a call from that number. She said it wasn't her, she must have called in error, she was still trying to get used to her new phone. I told her it came up Comcast on my caller ID and that I was expecting a call from Comcast, to bury a cable in my yard. She said it wasn't her and hung up. I googled the number and found a lot of scams attached to it. FYI, I just checked and the cable has already been buried. Comcast /Xfinity must have come while I was working.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation