Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

AGREEMENT RESIGN WITHOUT MY CONSENT

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

I have moved  a few times over the past years and have kept comcast this entire time. I was curious to see when my agreement date was ending, because it should have been this year. 

I come to find out that your resigned me, WITHOUT informing me when I called you on 09/17/2016to inform you I was moving. Not once did I agree to start another contract. IN FACT the customer service rep told me nothing would change I would keep my current plan. I went to my settings today through my online account to find out that he changed my start date to my agreement to 09/17/2016. Now I am locked into another contract until 2018. 

This is completely unacceptable. I feel it was incredibly sneaky and I will not stand for it. I want to know what my actual end date was BEFORE it was changed. If this is something you can not provide me, we have a serious problem. I will NOT stay with you another 2 years I would rather be with a company I can trust. 

I want a resolution to this matter from you as soon as possible. 

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4
You should have been told that when you move you end one contract and start a new one. Good luck.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

Thank you. I completely agree.

Instead, the customer service rep said things like "the only thing that will be different is your account number on your bill" and " your price stays the same, your plan stays the same. I have had issues with this company for a while now. I should have dropped them years ago. 

AND OF COURSE they charged me an arm and a leg for a tech to come out and re-install my hook up at my new house which I could have done myself. But no, a tech HAD to come out, This company has made it clear that they do not care about their customers. It's all about how they can make more money. Going through all of these Forum posts I am clearly not the first customer to have this kind of problem. 

Posted by
Admin1

Message 4 of 4

Hi EGasior7 -- I reviewed your account to see what happened with your contract. In review, your contract has not renewed when you moved. Our online contracts have been showing as starting over when customers transfer accounts. This is an error we are aware of and are working to resolve. Our main database shows that your contract was not renewed and is set to expire December of this year. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon