Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

66 days and stil cant get a drop run to the house.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 16 of 21

Problem is not solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been try since May 2nd without success waited 12 hours yesterday 8am to 8pm. Called them around noon assured they would be there, never called or showed. I have never received a call back once and can't believe how bad customer service has gotten. Thanks for checking in with me yesterday ComcastMax as promised, oh that didn't happen either.

20 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 21

I've been trying since May 1st, I cant even get a call back and have at least 4 tickets open. I feel your pain and frustration and have experience the same problems calling customer service. It truly is poor service!!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 21

Hi bjrbm13! Do you still need assistance with verifying your address is serviceable? I can assist you. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 21

Sent you a pm about me problem, anything??

Posted by
Contributor

Message 4 of 21

So I'm now told July 5th before they can get to my property when I was told it could be done by June 15 when I set this up in the first week of may, hope you have better luck!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 21

I understand this can be frustrating. I was not able to locate any appointments from June 15th, as your address had not been made serviceable until 6/14/2017. The soonest we are able to get someone out would be 7/5/2017 8-8 time slot. Would you still like to proceed with that appointment?  

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 6 of 21

Why was my original thread closed? What about the three appointments where Comcast sent out the wrong tech? Why have I been told repeatedly we will take care of the problem right away I am being told now July 5th? I am just blow away how this has beeen handled from the begining back on May 1st? Why after all this time has Comcast not returned 1 phone call after being told I would be contacted within 24-48 hours 4 times I have opened tickets? So you close my original thread and this gets buried a couple of pages back? I was quite clear everytime I called I needed service by June 15th. All three apointments they send an install tech. Those techs showed up on 5-1, 6-11 and 6-19 and I was quite clear what I needed on the phone with Comcast, I needed a contruction crew to run the drop  but instead kept sending an install tech. I have called Comcast a total 157 minutes and 52 seconds since June12th trying to get this corrected.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 21

Hi Bart. You most recent post was closed due to the Help and Support Forum guidelines. Based on our forum guidelines, if the topic is relevant to more than one forum, the duplicate posts will be will be locked or removed and the oldest post will be replied to. Please see a list of our guidelines for any additional clarity needed.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 8 of 21

So please answer my last questions?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 21

My apologies for the miscommunication, as Che' mentioned before, your address had not been made serviceable until 6/14/2017. We value your business and we want to make it right for you. We've scheduled the appointment for the line drop for the soonest available which would be the 7/5/2017 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM time slot.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 10 of 21

Why was address not serviceable until June 14th?? It was serviceable back on May 2nd and June 12th when the other techs showed up and again on June 19th when the third install tech showed up. Comcast just sent out the wrong people the all 3 times. Please tell me why my address was not serviceable and why have I never received a call from Comcast about this ongoing problem? I have to keep calliing back when I don't get the promised call within 24 hours? I can pull up my phone bill to prove this. Then I have to come on a public forum to ask questions only to have my thread locked and I have to post in some elses thread!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 11 of 21

I can fully understand the frustration and I apologize that you had this bad experience. I checked your account and per our notes, the field tech confirmed on May 2nd that the address is not serviceable due to new construction. We also confirmed that we need to drop a new line. I will follow up with you on July 5th to make sure the request was completed. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 12 of 21

That is not correct, on May 2nd the service tech and I both spoke with a supervisor in the office who said a construction crew was need to run the drop and somebody would contact me within 24 to 48 hours I waited over a month for a call when I called Comcast back around June 8th. I was told again that somebody would contact me again withing 24 to 48 hours and again that did not happen. Again I called Comcast and arranged another appointment I think that was the 14th of June and Comcast again sent out a service tech not somebody from Construction. Another appointment was set up for somebody from construction to come out to run the drop and on June 19th and AGAIN Comcast sent out a service tech to install equipment in the house.

I was quite clear about everything on the phone and what exactly needed to be done at the property. This lack attention to detail by Comcast is costing me thousands of dollars in delays in getting inspections  done and is also preventing me from moving into the property. You have no idea of my frustration level at the incompetence of the people who keep sending the wrong people over and over to do the wrong thing. 

I would be quite surprised if you followed up with me July 5th as it would be the first time somebody did other that getting a robo call confirming the appointments for the wrong people being sent out.  This property has been 95% done since May1st only thing it needs is a phone line so I can get the inspections done for the elevator so the Certifficate of Occupancy can be issued!!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 13 of 21

bjrbm13, I understand where you're coming from and I apologize for this experience. I can see and verify all of the appointments you mentioned and what was accomplished during them. 

Once the line is buried, the tap at the pole should be activated so that service can be connected to your new home. Your original appointment for install is in pending status until that is done because we cannot activate service and install until the tap is activated. 

I'll check in with you on July 5th to make sure the tap was activated and we are all ready for the install in your home. 

KenF

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 14 of 21

KenF could you pm me the details of all the appointments and what was accomplished and how many times I was called back as promised within 24-48 hours besides robo-calls? Please also tell me how many times Comcast has tried to reach out to since the cluster started?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 15 of 21

66 days and counting and still have no cable or phone, still haven't been called back and I paid a guy 12 hours pay to sit at the property all day today waiting for Comcast from 8am to 8pm and they never showed up or called me as promised again. Builder want his last draw, bank wants the CO for the last draw but cant get the CO for the house till I have a working phone line for the elevator. How the heck can a Company do business like this and treat long term customers this way? This is an absolutely horrible experience that seems like it will never end!!!!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 17 of 21

I'm sorry for not getting back to you yesterday, bjrbm13. I'm going to reach out to our local maintenance team to see if I can get an update on expediting your installation. I'll be in touch as soon as I have more information for you.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 18 of 21
Posted by
Admin1

Message 19 of 21
Posted by
Contributor

Message 20 of 21

May 2nd to July 16th and still waiting and still waiting on callbacks.

Anybody? Got a call from a vendor working for comcast that he was going to bury a cable on wed and I would get a call from Comcast on thursday about setting up an appointment. Nothing yet.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 21 of 21

85 days and still counting and waiting.