New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

$500 Visa Gift Card

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

$500 Visa Gift Card

Hi there,

I am leaving a message here with regard to my $500 Visa Gift Card because despite multiple calls to the Reward Centre and Xfinity Mobile, i have not yet received an acceptable answer to why i was disqualified from receiving my gift card.

The answer i got was that i did not port an existing mobile number and that is why i was disqualified. Let me explain my situation: i was told when i signed up for this promotion that i did not need to port a new number (i have emails from the retail consultant to prove this) and at no point in time in the past 4 months was it indicated in the status update at the rewards centre website that i was disqualified until April after i satisfied the minimum qualification period. If i would have known from the beginning that i did not qualify, i would not have signed up for the new mobile line. My company has a corporate plan with AT&T and I could have sign up with them instead and saved some money if i was not promised the $500 Visa Gift Card.

I was given a ticket number: 046245572 for further escalation and was promised that someone will call me but noone called me back for over 10 days and when i called again today to enquire the status, i was told that someone did call me and automatically closed the ticket! I did not even receive a missed call from anyone and have my phone logs to prove this.

This whole matter has been extremely stressful and time consuming to me, and my entire experience with Comcast/Xfinity has been extremely disappointing. I hope someone gets back to me soon or i will consider other options resolving this issue.

Official Employee

Re: $500 Visa Gift Card

jermy76, that ticket has been closed as resolved. Let me share the results with you.  Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

jermy76, I sent the details of your card offer in private message. It should ship out in a few weeks. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply but i would like to understand more about the $200 gift card promo - what were the requirements for qualification? The point i also wanted to put across about the $500 gift card was that i was specifically told that i would qualify for it before i signed up for a NEW line and have the emails from the sales consultant to prove this, and at no point in time i was told that i needed to port a new number. We also just moved to California from overseas and definitely did not have an existing number to port. In addition, if part of the requirements was to port a new number, then why was it not reflected on the Xfinity Rewards Status Lookup website immediately? I checked the status every month until i reached the minimum qualification period and have screenshots to show its progress. Even now it shows - $500 prepaid card, included in the Xfinity Mobile Offer. My point is that if i didn't qualify at all, why does it still show the above details? If i was told earlier that i did not qualify, i would have cancelled my line before waiting till now.

Clearly the information given to me was incorrectly and it was gross misrepresentation on the part of Comcast. Unfortunately, placating me with a $200 gift card does not make me feel any better (i still lost out on $300!) and i need clear answers to my questions above. I wonder how many others are in the same situation as i am...

I am considering seeking legal advice on this matter as i type...

Official Employee

jermy76, I understand your frustrations. Unfortunately,  the requirements for that promotion was to port the number. If the sales rep misspoke or forgot to mention this, that is maybe something you can take up with them in the store if the purchase was made there. 

I submitted your request and what I sent you in private message was the exact same wording that was sent to me from the promotions team. 

This is the details of the $200 giftcard promotion you qualified for: 

"For a limited time, Xfinity Internet-only customers are eligible to receive a $200 Prepaid Visa Card when they upgrade to a high-value Xfinity TV bundle (offerings vary by Division), and sign up for Xfinity Mobile by purchasing at least one line of service."

That promotion ran from November 5 - December 8, 2017. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Hope you can answer this question which still confuses me: if it was indeed a mistake by the sales rep, can you explain why then did it show on the reward center website '$500 prepaid card' instead of the $200 giftcard when i did not qualify for the former to begin with? And that the status reflected that i was disqualified only after 5 months? So was the 'mistake' only discovered 5 months later?

Btw i tried to email the sales rep but it seems that she is no longer with the company as my email bounced back.

Official Employee

I don't know the answer to that. When I put your account number into the website, I only see the disqualification for the $500 gift card promotion. I don't see anything for the $200 one. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I am sorry to say this but being in the customer service industry for over 15 years, giving a 'i don't know' answer is simply unacceptable. I understand that you deal with dozens of irate customers daily but it is your duty to find out the answer - whether it is a genuine mistake on the part of the company, a system glitch or individual human error. 

Frequent Visitor

It seems that my last post was deleted? I commented about other folks in this forum having the same issues with me on not receiving their $500 visa gift cards, etc.

No worries, i have contacted the office of Tom Karinshak for answers and hopefully i will have further clarity tomorrow.

Administrator
Administrator

@jermy76,

I apologize for the confusion. I would like you to know that in order for us to maintain a helpful, engaging, useful forum we edit and/or remove any posts that may violate our forum guidelines. We always recommend all our user to review those guidelines thoroughly because by having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within that document as well as any other official posted documents throughout the community.

We apologize again for any confusion this may have caused and we recommend you re-posting your reply without any potential forum guideline violations.

Thank you. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

thanks for the clarification. I did review the forum guidelines when i noticed that my post was removed and did not see any violations on my part, other than mentioning the possibility of a class action lawsuit?

Official Employee

I am sorry to say this but being in the customer service industry for over 15 years, giving a 'i don't know' answer is simply unacceptable. I understand that you deal with dozens of irate customers daily but it is your duty to find out the answer - whether it is a genuine mistake on the part of the company, a system glitch or individual human error. 

jermy76, I understand. I do see that a member of our corporate executive support team is working on this for you. They will be your point person for this matter moving forward. They'll be reaching out to you via phone shortly. 

KenF

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation