Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

understanding bill after upgrading and then downgrading services

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

understanding bill after upgrading and then downgrading services

I'm a current Internet Plus customer. I recently decided to compare Xfinity's cable services to my current provider (Dish) and upgraded to X1 Preferred Double Play. I had it for ten days and canceled it and I went back to Internet Plus. Before upgrading, I chatted with customer service to help me understand how the X1 DVR and cloud storage works and to verify that if I didn't like it, the 30-day money back guarantee would apply and I could go back to my old service. It turns out that's not exactly true and I was charged a prorated amount that's more than I think it should be.

I could write another five paragraphs about all the problems I've had and the people I've spoken or chatted with and how each one has told me something different. To sum up as best as I can, one person in retention/customer solutions said I was right about the 30-day money back guarantee and she would remove the amount charged while I had Preferred. She never applied the adjustment so the following month I was past due. Today someone in the same department said the 30-day money back guarentee is for new customers only (my question: why is it listed on the "upgrades for existing customers" page?) and that I had to pay the prorated amount for the ten days I had Preferred. I disagree, but okay, fine. I'd pay that amount but it's more than it should be, if my math is correct. 

I'm wondering if there's someone in Customer Service here who can look over my account and tell me if it all makes sense and if I really do owe as much as it's saying I do. In my mind the bill in question should be about the same as the months before and after since I canceled Preferred and downgraded to my old plan within the 30 days. 

Accepted Solution

Re: understanding bill after upgrading and then downgrading services

Hi, acp805 - I can go through the billing details with you. Please send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone number, so I can start. Thank you!

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi, acp805 - I can go through the billing details with you. Please send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone number, so I can start. Thank you!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I got your messages. Thanks for your help!!

Official Employee

@acp805 - I'm always happy to help Smiley Happy I'll get back to you on Monday. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

@acp805 - The billing statement generated yesterday. Did you check it out? Any questions? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry for the delayed response. I forwarded my comcast email address to my gmail account like BruceW suggested in another one of my posts but they kept going to spam. Grr! Smiley Happy

Anyway, yes, I looked at the billing statement and everything looks good. Now that I know how much my bill will be each month, I'm comfortable setting up autopay again. Much appreciation and gratitude for your time and help. 

Official Employee

@acp805 - I'm glad to hear that! In case if you get any questions in the future - you know how to reach me or my team. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation