Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

comcast support forums keep changing my notification email address

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

comcast support forums keep changing my notification email address

I'm having the same problem this forum member had four and half years ago. I go through all the same steps of changing the email address for the support forums and it keeps changing back to my comcast email address, which I don't use. I have the verification email as well as screenshots of my profile page showing the new email address was verified but it still switches back to my comcast address, making me miss notifications of posts I'm subscribed to. The other customer didn't get a reply but I'm hoping this many years later there will be a solution or at least an explanation of why it's happening. 

Accepted Solution

Re: comcast support forums keep changing my notification email address

@acp805 - Found an answer for you, the forum will only authenticate with a @comcast.net email address. This is one of the authentication requirements. In order to receive notifications, you have to set up an email forwarding. 

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

acp805 wrote: ... my comcast email address, which I don't use. ...

If you don't check your Comcast email, consider forwarding the account to an address you do check. Once in a long while they send out stuff that's actually important.

If you still have the old "Zimbra" webmail ("web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/..."), the setting is under Preferences / Email / Email Forwarding. If you have the new Open-Xchange "Appsuite" webmail ("connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/..."), the setting is under (gear icon) / Settings / Mail / Auto Forward.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the speedy reply. The only mail I've ever gotten at the Comcast email address is about the forum, all the important stuff goes to the email address I have listed in my actual account without a problem. I wonder if it's a Lithium issue since the problem is only related to the forums.

Official Employee

Hi, acp805 - I'm not aware of any known issues with Lithium but I'm going to investigate it. At this point in time, I suggest to set up an email forwarding, big thanks to BruceW for providing step-by-step instructions. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

@acp805 - Found an answer for you, the forum will only authenticate with a @comcast.net email address. This is one of the authentication requirements. In order to receive notifications, you have to set up an email forwarding. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

That's mildly annoying, especially since you're allowed to use a non-comcast email address for account-related stuff, but I'm glad I know now so I don't keep spending time trying to figure it out. Thanks to everyone who replied and tried to help. Much appreciated.

Official Employee

@acp805 - Unfortunately, it's something that I have no control of but I fully understand your point. Thank you for using our Help & Support Forums.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation