Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

billing dispute

Regular Visitor

billing dispute

I am posting this because I am stuck in a billing dispute.  I called on dec 4th and asked to extend my bill payment to dec 14th for $194.25.  When I went online to pay the $194.25, I inadvertently paid the past due amount of $472.25.  I called and explained that I only wanted to pay the amount of $194.25 that is all I could afford at that time and what comcast said i could pay.  I was told on dec 14th wait until it hits your bank account and then we can give you back the difference.  So I waited until friday dec 15th and was ensured that the credit would go back into my account that evening by POS debit.  The escalation team never contacted me just sent an email saying you owe $472.25 and no arrangements or credits or anything is owed back to you.  So My question is why tell me via chat and phone by billing dept reps and two supervisors it will be placed back into your account.  I contacted BBB and PUC and filed a complaint with them. 

I sent an email to Tom Karinshak VP of customer support explaining my issue and personal message brian on xfinity in facebook.  I am getting a run around.  I just spoke to chester from billing dept that oh it looks like it is going back into my account today.

I am canceling my account with comcast. 

Service Expert

Re: billing dispute

Go to your bank and put a stop payment on it.  You might have to pay a fee, but it's the quickest way to take care of this.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

already cleared the bank

Service Expert

Well, then, since you contacted the BBB there isn't anything anyone can do here in the Forums until an agent gets in touch with you.

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation