Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,859,578

members

1,274

online

29,178

topics

Top

all videos

Frequent Visitor

all videos

All videos on xfinity.com are stalling and restarting about every 20 seconds.  This is not happening to me with any other video site.  What is the problem?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: all videos


dawnholio1971 wrote:

All videos on xfinity.com are stalling and restarting about every 20 seconds.  This is not happening to me with any other video site.  What is the problem?


Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Can no longer watch videos

After several years of watching videos online, I no longer can (past 3-4 weeks).  I click on play, get a black screen with red infinity letters and video title in white, and nothing else for hours.  I called comcast and followed their instructions, reinstalling silverlight from the link provided in this forum (version with numerals 516 in it), reinstalled flash player, and still the same.  I can access live TV, e.g., ESPN, but no videos -- TV or movies.  I can access Netflix fine, but not infinity.  I'm very frustrated.  Please advise!

Official Employee

Re: Can no longer watch videos


matsueda wrote:

After several years of watching videos online, I no longer can (past 3-4 weeks).  I click on play, get a black screen with red infinity letters and video title in white, and nothing else for hours.  I called comcast and followed their instructions, reinstalling silverlight from the link provided in this forum (version with numerals 516 in it), reinstalled flash player, and still the same.  I can access live TV, e.g., ESPN, but no videos -- TV or movies.  I can access Netflix fine, but not infinity.  I'm very frustrated.  Please advise!


Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch so I can further test them.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: all videos

My Zip Code: 30030 My Cable Provider: Not Installed Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: 153 My Map ID: 302 My Persona ID: 6784 My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Living Room My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 68.244.250.186 My operating system: Windows - rv:19.0 My web browser: Firefox 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.6 r602 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (3067 Bytes).

 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Chopped/6821252711155491112/18647107905/Make-No-Mistake/videos?sk...

 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Enlightened/8028025044436995112/16216643945/Enlightened-17-%28HBO...

 

 

These are 2 examples of the videos that stalled.  All videos I try to watch are doing the same thing.

 

Official Employee

Re: all videos


dawnholio1971 wrote:

My Zip Code: 30030 My Cable Provider: Not Installed Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: 153 My Map ID: 302 My Persona ID: 6784 My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Living Room My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 68.244.250.186 My operating system: Windows - rv:19.0 My web browser: Firefox 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.6 r602 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (3067 Bytes).

 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Chopped/6821252711155491112/18647107905/Make-No-Mistake/videos?sk...

 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Enlightened/8028025044436995112/16216643945/Enlightened-17-%28HBO...

 

 

These are 2 examples of the videos that stalled.  All videos I try to watch are doing the same thing.

 


Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: all videos

I tried it in IE also.  It still didn't work.

Official Employee

Re: all videos


dawnholio1971 wrote:

I tried it in IE also.  It still didn't work.


Try deleting your cookies and cache and then try again.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: all videos

that was the first thing I tried.  it didn't work.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1494 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation