Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Worst customer service ever. Cancelled service in August and still waiting on a refund.

Frequent Visitor

Worst customer service ever. Cancelled service in August and still waiting on a refund.

Here's the situation:

August 8 - Called Comcast to cancel all services as new service provider was installing service.

August 9 - All equipment dropped off at UPS, for which we recieved a reciept acknowledging everything was in good order

August 16 - Bank account auto-payed Comcast bill $214.98 for TriplePlay service

After we had cancelled services, Comcast continued to bill for our services. I called in and Comcast told me that this was due to the phone number being transferred to new service provider.  However, we were told to rest assured that it would be refunded back to the cancellation date.  We continued to recieve bills.  Comcast disconnected the service, and may have sent us to collections by now.  I've called customer service probably 20 times.  Either

1) I get hung up on because the person can't understand the situation

2) Told to call back at another time because the department that I need to speak to isn't open

3) Told that I can only deal with online chat representative or local office to get this resolved.

4) Online chat tells me I have to call the 1-800#, because they can't help me

5) I wait on hold for 30 to 90 minutes, only to have the call disconnected.

Comcast is great at taking your money...but when it comes to sending it back?  Forget about it.  I've spent a half dozen calls and 90 minutes on the phone tonight....still on hold.

If anyone is out there that can help me get this fixed, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you.

--AJ

Frequent Visitor

Re: Worst customer service ever. Cancelled service in August and still waiting on a refund.

Just hung up after waiting on hold for 50 minutes.  Called back...found out the department I was transferred to has been closed for 40 minutes.  Really Comcast?! 

Official Employee

Re: Worst customer service ever. Cancelled service in August and still waiting on a refund.

Hi apjohnson73,

I would like to review your account to see how I can make this right. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation