Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Will Changing My Package Get Promotional Pricing?

Regular Visitor

Will Changing My Package Get Promotional Pricing?

I need to get back into promotion pricing, and it appears cancelling and going to a different package (or even a different service providor altogether) is the only way to do this.  I replied to a forum user with a similar idea, but cannot private message Comcast Shane as he requested.  I really don't want to go back to Dish, but I won't pay more than $210/month for what I am getting.  Are there any meaningful promotions to keep current customers?

Contributor

Re: Will Changing My Package Get Promotional Pricing?

One reason they charge these outragous prices, is because they have little, or no competition in your service area. I have same issue in my neighborhood. Have been asking my city council to address this issue. Normally just a hint from them is enough for Comcast to watch their prices.

Regular Visitor

You are exactly right.  I also think it's because the top people at Comcast still don't get a basic concept: it does not help the bottom line to have all these new customers coming in the front door just to have existing ones fleeing out the back.  I am so sorry to say that is what I am about to do: go back to Dish. 

Here is EXACTLY what I mean: In a PM to the Comcast person who reached out to me, I provided my specific address and asked about available promotions.  His response: "Thank you David for providing your information. Unfortunately I don't have any promotions for you at this time."  Dish does, and I will be back with them next week.

Official Employee

If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist. Have a great day. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation