Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unwarranted $60 Fee

New Poster

Unwarranted $60 Fee

I was charged $60 for a tech visit after a Comcast agent assured me that I would not be charged for the visit. The only thing the tech did was move the modem to another jack.

Customer service has been of no assistance so far.

EDIT:

I have called customer service once more. The representative said that this is a common occurance, where Comcast representatives tell customers that they will not be charged for a technician visit. Unfortunately, the only thing he/she kept saying was that the $60 fee is a valid charge and that there is nothing he/she can do about it. I am dissapointed in Comcast and their customer service, pushing mistakes onto the customers. I am not sure I could recommend Comcast to anyone.

Admin1

Re: $60 Installation Fee

Hi Kev_1243 -- I can help with that tech charge. I reviewed your account and the agent who set this order up did note your account that no charge should be applied. I reversed this charge for you. You will see this applied to your next billing statement. Please let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation