Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Uninformed Installation Fee

New Poster

Uninformed Installation Fee

I am a comcast customer for 1 year and 6 months. I recently moved from my old residence to my new townhome. I called comcast a day prior to moving if they already provide internet service actively in that area. They said they do and we transferred our service. When I was unsucessfull with self installation, comcast suggested a technician appointment for installation. Never did they say anything about any installment fee and now, I have been charged 60 dollars for installment for which the technician worked less than an hour. When I had chat with customer support they said that they already emailed regarding the installment fee(on the day we were busy with relocation hassle and obviously was unable to check email)and they could'nt waiver it for me. When spoke for almost an hour they accepted to refund 30 dollars. Why should I pay 60 dollars to bring xfinity connection to my outlet when they could have just said that they cannot provide service to my new home since they do not see an active connection.

I would have very well activated the same internet service provider used by my previous owner. I am so dissapointed that I would never recommend comcast to anyone in future.

Regular Contributor

Re: Uninformed Installation Fee

Hello Priya_Rajesh,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with customer service. I can look into this issue for you to see what can be done. I would need you to verify your account with me. Please just send a private message with your account name, phone number, and service address so I can investigate? Thank you

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Uninformed Installation Fee

Thanks Michael for adjusting the remaining 30 dollars. Appreciate it!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation