Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unfair (if not illegal) Billing Practices-22 Year Customer

Regular Visitor

Unfair (if not illegal) Billing Practices-22 Year Customer

I've been a customer without any gaps in service since 1995. In the earlier years I've stuck with CC through their growing pains including having my service being down for several days at a time. As a regular occurrence. I've spent $32K in 22 years with Comcast. The last 5 years I have not had control over my own home network due to a MITM attack funded by a sick individual. It's too long of a story to get into here but as just one example 1 of the 3 times an extra cable was run to my house, I later found through reviewing my security camera's video, a Comcast employee in a Comcast truck doing this one morning at 5:45 a.m. (While it was dark). I'm not writing about any of this today but I am writing about the last time Comcast is going to price gouge me unless this latest experience gets resolved ASAP.
I recently moved a couple of blocks from one high rise condo to another (08.01.2017). My 5th such move in 22 years. I called Comcast to let them know several days ahead of time of my new address to transfer my service to. They told me the earliest they could get someone out there was on the 2nd. I've never been charged to continue being a customer before and there was no mention of this...what occurred was the worst experience I could have imagined (keep in mind I'm not under any contract).
On the 2nd of August the Comcast cable guy showed up at 10 am - he left at 2:30 pm after taking up most of my day while I had to teach him how to set up their own gateway. But before that, when he showed up, because his Comcast ID had expired the Concierge could not validate his parking so he was about to leave. Now I work from home so I could not afford to wait another 4 days so I agreed to pay for his parking. I thought this would be a quick engagement. It turns out he was a contractor so he didn't even have a device (like an iPad) I've seen other real Comcast employees use. My computer was getting repaired so we ended up using my iPhone. About the only thing this guy knew how to do was run cable. After spending 4.5 hours, the only thing he accomplished was the provisioning of TV/Internet in the family room of my one bedroom condo. He could not get this provisioned in the office where there is an outlet (Ethernet jack included) for internet. Because of my situation (hardwire connectivity is a requirement), I don't even use WiFi. As a result of his ignorance, I had to purchase a 75 foot Ethernet chord and run it exposed to my office...sloppy.
I ended up paying $15 for his parking. I called Comcast to get reimbursed on my next bill for this but they refused even though I have a receipt showing I paid parking for the time he was here in my own parking garage (I don't have to pay for my own parking as a parking spot is included with the condo-obviously). It gets worse. I get my bill and there's a $60 installation fee! Seriously? I have to pay an installation fee to continue being a customer? And with all of the above taken into consideration it's like pouring salt into my wounds!
It gets worse. My bill has a $10 'Any room DVR fee'. Now I'm used to paying this ridiculous fee when this was a possibility. But now, according to the installer, I only have access in my family room (hence having to run an exposed Ethernet wire to my office). An 'Any room DVR fee' does not apply.
At the very least I expect to get the 'installation fee' and the non-applicable 'Any room DVR fee' to be credited, and the latter to not appear on any future bills. It would just be the right thing to do to credit me the $15 parking fee I had to pay because their employees Comcast ID had expired.
These fees are not acceptable and unless I get resolution on these I'm going with another vendor. I'm already paying over $160/mo. for TV/Internet in a one bedroom condo where I am the only one living here. When I'm not getting hacked I'm using less than 20 GB's/mo. When I was getting hacked that number was 100 GB's/day (I've had to unplug their porous gateway when that was occurring (and trust me I've had to become a 'internet security expert' just to be able to have service at times.
I hope someone at Comcast actually cares and considers my 22 years of loyalty to resolve this latest situation or I'm done.
I'm not holding my breath.
Admin1

Re: Unfair (if not illegal) Billing Practices-22 Year Customer

Hi Rjara2015 -- Thank you for sharing your install experience and sorry to hear it was not an optimal experience. I can help make billing adjustments to your account. I have credited back your tech visit charge as a one-time courtesy for your continual business loyalty and for not having a complete install. That credit will appear on your next billing statement. I would be unable to reimburse you for paying for parking as that was your own choice to pay for. Any Room DVR will continue to appear on your bills as that is the proper disposition for our X1 DVR's. Even though you are only using it in one room, our X1 DVR's have the ability to be used as Any Room DVR's so that disposition is always present. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you, I appreciate that and for the quick follow up. It's nice to hear my voice was heard.

I have a case # set up for the parking fee with one of your adjusters...I didn't really have a choice as your cable guy was going to leave and I would have to reschedule. That would cost me another 4 days of not having internet.  As I work from home, it's a requirement for me (even if I didn't it's kind of a big deal to not have TV and internet for another 4 days). The bottom line was that your guy didn't have proper identification...I should not have to pay for that. But like I said I'm handling this separately...nothing for you to do here. But:

Could you please look at this on my latest bill:

Balance Transferred From: < Personal Information > $62.53   This was added to my current bill and explained to me that this was deducted from my previous bill and carried forward to my current bill (something to do with my move, I don't really understand the purpose of doing this).  But, I checked my previous bill and I paid that in full, there was no deduction. I'm happy to pay it if it's legit, I just don't understand how it would be.   Please advise.   Thank you, RJ

Admin1

Rjara2015 -- I can explain where that charge came from. I reviewed your previous account ledger. Last payment made on that account was on 7/8. This covered statement charges from 6/22-7/21. All billing stopped on this account on 8/1 to align with your service transfer. That means that charges from 7/22-8/1 hadn't been accounted for yet. Those unaccounted for billing dates are what transferred over to your current account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation